Chevrolet unveiled the new 2010 Indianapolis 500 Pace car for May 30th, 2010 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The Camaro will be powered by its 6.2L V8 with 400 horsepower. This will mark the sixth time that the Camaro has paced the Indy 500 field. It has done so in 1967, 1969, 1982, 1993 and recently 2009.
The car is dressed in the RS Package and comes with some unique visual features as follows:
- 2010 Indianapolis 500 event logo painted on doors and embroidered on driver and passenger headrests
- 2010 Indianapolis 500 event logo badges on front fenders
- All-new front grille insert that Chevrolet plans to offer as a future Camaro accessory
- Amber lens tail lamps
- Complete safety strobe light system with custom interior light bar in the rear window (no rooftop light bar)
- All-new GM Accessory floor mats with red and orange accent stitching