Does your AC or heat make that sound like it has paper or something in it or do you just have low flow of air? Here’s how to fix this annoying problem in a few pretty simple steps.
Repair time approx. 20-30 minutes
What you’ll need:
- A screwdriver (phillips)
- A vacuum (shop vac or hand held is convenient)
- Needle-nose pliers
- Small socket wrench/ratchet (I believe 7mm or 8 mm)
- A damp rag
- Look under the glove box. You will see a black panel that covers everything above it. There are two clips right at the base of the glove box that holds the front side of the panel up. Remove these two clips so that the panels hangs down giving you access to the wires above it.
- You will also have to remove the kick panel trim by the door. 4 screws hold it in along the bottom of the door.
- Now that is removed you can see the blower, remove the 3 bolts holding it in and drop it down. Here’s where the socket wrench comes into use. The 3rd bolt (see pic) is a little difficult to reach. This is where a pair of needle-nose come in handy.
That’s all there is to it. Clean out the blower motor, reinstall and no more noise. You should notice an increased and cleaner air flow coming through your vents now. You may even have “fresher”/”cleaner” smelling air too!
Installation is reverse of removal.