Camaro Zone Forums banner

Cheapest mod evah. Blue light mod.. $3.00 on ebay

5K views 64 replies 18 participants last post by  lnel92bird 
#1 · (Edited)
Got set of 5 led lights on ebay for I think $3. Put one in trunk one in cab and 2 for licence plate and got a spare. All look cool. Imo.:biggrin: don't know why pics are upside down . But u get the idea. My white shirts glow now.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Color looks more UV than blue.

Be careful with using them as license plate lights (not sure why you'd even want to). Local law enforcement wont think it's as cool as you do.
Not sure why they would care but if they pull me over I'll fix it while he runs my licence and be on my way in 5 minutes. Ok maybe 15 when he wants to see under the hood. It's just a blueish light. Not less bright really than incandescent.. plus ain't I savin the planet or somthin with them leds. Jj. Now I'm 47. If I was 18 with 3 friends in the car at 2 am they might use it as a reason.

#6 ·
Because you aren't supposed to run blue lights on your car. Blue is reserved for police. I have had officers ask to see under my hood, but I haven't ever let one. That's just a way for them to find something else to write up IMO.

Sent from my Z796C using Camaro Zone mobile app

#15 ·
Yeah I see that too. State Troopers aren't really known for being lenient though lol. My points ended up being dropped because it wasn't a moving violation. Just had to pay the fine. I got in contact with the DA and he dropped the points and called the trooper an idiot for trying to give me points in the first place lol.

#25 ·
In Nevada, they CAN have blue dot tail lights provided the blue dot is less than one inch in diameter. Just talked to a cop.
I'm sorry, but the cop is flat-out wrong, or your state is terrible at making the laws accessible for the public (which, they aren't - it took me 5 minutes to locate). I just posted the laws for your state in regards to taillights on motor vehicles directly from your states current written law. The cop should reference NRS 484D.145 and NRS 486.261 and refresh his memory a bit. If they were superseded by a more recent law that negates them, which specifically includes a mention of "blue", it isn't available for the public to view.

#26 ·
Its not really stubbornness that makes the give you a ticket. Its the fact that its illegal.

Sent from my Z796C using Camaro Zone mobile app

#30 · (Edited)
Hilarious laws. This crap is why I am a libertarian... just put the ugly incandescent bulbs back on the plate lights to comply with this brilliant law "(b) The light illuminating the license plate must be white"

Thank God I live in Texas.. because Texas isn't nearly as bad as other states but is getting there. But i wont use the lights here now that I read the law.. but to expect us all to know every aspect and every word of 200 years of perpetual laws is rediculous. Here in texas Our legistature meets only once every few years for a state as big as france and lawmakers are paid low wages for their "service" and therefore are regular people with regular jobs as opposed to many states.. Thats what makes texas so awesome.. that and mostly common sense cops who won't wast time wih such trivial issues.

I had a cop behind me last night with them on and he did not pull me over. I feel for you all whos legistature is writing laws every month.. in some states its horrible and i feel for you guys and girls in New York etc..

Because you arent smart enough to pick a bright enough light to read the plates by yourselves or understand the purpose of a light or that a 2010 victory red camaro is a cop or not because they pulled you over in reverse flipping their headlights off and on making the licence plate lights flash blue off and on. Wth.

Keep voting for a mommy state and you will keep getting these stupid laws.

#38 ·
Hilarious laws. This crap is why I am a libertarian... just put the ugly incandescent bulbs back on the plate lights to comply with this brilliant law "(b) The light illuminating the license plate must be white"

<- attempt at humor.. "Brilliant" get it?

Thank God I live in Texas.. because Texas isn't nearly as bad as other states but is getting there. But i wont use the lights here now that I read the law.. but to expect us all to know every aspect and every word of 200 years of perpetual laws is rediculous. Here in texas Our legistature meets only once every few years for a state as big as france and lawmakers are paid low wages for their "service" and therefore are regular people with regular jobs as opposed to many states.. Thats what makes texas so awesome.. that and mostly common sense cops who won't wast time wih such trivial issues.

<- attempt to explain my belief that less buracracy = more freedom.

I had a cop behind me last night with them on and he did not pull me over. I feel for you all whos legistature is writing laws every month.. in some states its horrible and i feel for you guys and girls in New York etc..

<- attempt to praise Texas. I did not mention also that I had straight pipes. Also note I have not been pulled over since 1998.

Because you arent smart enough to pick a bright enough light to read the plates by yourselves or understand the purpose of a light or that a 2010 victory red camaro is a cop or not because they pulled you over in reverse flipping their headlights off and on making the licence plate lights flash blue off and on. Wth.

<-- joke. Get it?

Keep voting for a mommy state and you will keep getting these stupid laws.

<-- To anyone here who voted for obama.
Does that help clarify? I originally typed this on a walk.. saw it had typos and needed cleaning up and re edited it a few times. That a crime?

#41 ·
Yep, Y'all haters outside of Texas are just jealous I can drive 85mph on my way to San Antonio legally, don't pay any state income tax, drive on pothole free roads, and dont get pulled over and harassed by tree hugging, anti noise cops. No wonder why Y'all hate so much. Life sucks for you. But your state voted for it so Whaa.

#42 ·
I can drive 85 going to another town too. Most open roads are that way. We have very few lot holes. Our cops don't really care about noisy cars. Y'all may not have State income taxes, but Texas has a bunch of other dumb little fees and taxes that make up for it. When I lived there. There was a dine-in tax at resturaunts and also a take out tax. We don't have dumb little things like that

-December 2014 COTM winner!

#49 ·
The only one getting butt-hurt about TX is you... lol.

I stated cops may bug you about your ricer license plate bulbs. You got all defensive about it.

You've removed them (I think?) so end of thread.

Can I close this please? I have a brain aneurysm everytime I come in here. :lol:

#50 ·
Hard to read .. that's texas.. hard to read .he edited it 6 times. Lol. I couldn't understand him either...that's texas..

like I am some dumb ass backwoods *******. I know what was a joke. I can take a joke. Getting personal & insulting people is a surefire way to keep people off this forum except your buddies. Im Done. Cya. Enjoy your forum.

#55 ·
Ugh. Texas...

Lolz

I love how Superman's comment was the last straw yet he's a Texan as well. 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.