Camaro Zone Forums banner

Jhobbins 1995 camaro

5K views 58 replies 12 participants last post by  jhobbins 
#1 ·
Paid for and had my new camaro dropped off today. Some of you know the car, it was cferrel4s drag car.

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

#7 ·
Looks good. Are you gonna track it often?

Sent from my Z796C using Camaro Zone mobile app

#10 ·
Do you have any time goals?

#21 ·
i expect a ride this summer! and, maybe a run at the track against my car... :p

#24 ·
#30 ·
Automotive design Gadget Table Electronic instrument Office equipment

Plasti dipped the bottle, looks a lot better without all the scratches.
How important is having a purge valve? And does anyone know any good mounting points for one?
Also, any suggestions on mounting the bottle? Id like I hide it in the spare tire compartment but it looks like I'll need to get creative.
I wouldn't mind mounting it in between the rear seats but I would only want it there for car shows. Id rather hide it all other tomes

#31 ·
View attachment 30688
Plasti dipped the bottle, looks a lot better without all the scratches.
How important is having a purge valve? And does anyone know any good mounting points for one?
Also, any suggestions on mounting the bottle? Id like I hide it in the spare tire compartment but it looks like I'll need to get creative.
I wouldn't mind mounting it in between the rear seats but I would only want it there for car shows. Id rather hide it all other tomes

Purge is necessary to get fresh nitrous in the lines. I'd mount it to spray from right behind the hood like most cars do. Here's where my bottle is mounted. Liquid Hood Fluid Fixture Automotive lighting

1996 Firebird- 3.8l w/ H/C/I/N20
2000 Camaro Z28- LS1 w/ bolt ons.... Stall/Cam coming soon

#34 ·
I've heard that if you mount it flat like that, you won't get the correct pressure or something like that. It should be at a 15 degree angle with the top of the bottle towards the front of the car.

It's a bad picture, it's angled.

1996 Firebird- 3.8l w/ H/C/I/N20
2000 Camaro Z28- LS1 w/ bolt ons.... Stall/Cam coming soon

#33 ·
What about in the drivers side spot opposite the spare tire hideaway? That's where I considered putting one if I get it.

#37 ·
you could put it here maybe??

Attachments

#39 ·
Any of you nitrous people have recommendations for how I should route the lines? I was thinking I would just go under the carpet and drill a hole in the firewall but I don't know if it's a good idea to have the lines running under my feet lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.