big tac with shift light
after market oil pressure gauge
ROLL CAGE
trany has shift kit in it.
tires bark in second gear.
high rpms.

now for the bad =/

bumpers paint is faded
speedometer, odometer doesnt work (currently using gps/phone as speedometer)
cracked overflow coolant resivoir
dry rotted window seals.

i have fixed the steering column issue i had with the tilt problem. would only stay in one position and not move other positions would be super wobbly.
i have also fixed a heater core hose that was rubbing and replaced the hose and sip tied the new hose up so it wouldnt rub anymore.
also replaced the headlight knob, that was missing, got the fuse box to stay in its spot. the wires under the steering column loooked horrible so i have cleaned that up, i have my dome light working now, the ciggerette lighter is now working also. a lot of wire issues i had with the car i have working again and cleaned up a lot.

things id like to do to the car,
change the steering wheel
chrome rims
change the gas and brake pedals
fix the window trim
get my speedometer working
id like it metalic blue with white racing stripes
replace the shocks
replace the trunk shcok arms
new shifter gromet
new racing seats
new coolant overflow resivoir
new cd player with aux input
subs
new speakers
fix the ac problem
switch to four barrel carb
new top part of dash
hood pins
new bottom part of front bumper mine is cracked
racing seat belts
new camaro floor mats
gauge pillar pods
new glove box
FUZZY DICE!! oh yeah!!
new hhod (daytona)
brake led lights if possible
aluminum intake
catback exhause
eventually like to put a bigger engine in it.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank ya guys. I'm gonna try my best at keeping my thread updated with what I do to the car. Even if its something little I plan on updating it. I have no life at the moment lol. Plus I like showing my car off ;-)

#6 ·
Got my dash to stay all the way down in the left corner by driver door, put extra padding under the heater core hose I repaired yesterday so the zip tie won't go through the hose, got the under gaurd on passenger side to stay up as well.

Attachments

#9 ·
For what your car has done does it need a roll cage?? Just wondering because I know absolutely nothing about 3rd gens... I have one but I'm pretty much replacing everything. I love the color and those rims look really nice on that car.. I was gonna get the z06 rims.. but I think those rims you have in black would be perfect ;) . I plan on painting my 85 iroc like a darker red with the black rims. I think your car looks awesome.. Is there a way to put in a roll cage but be able to still use the rear seats?. I'm working a ton of ot for the next month.. I need to make at least 10,000 dollars from today to january 1st to start on my project which I'm hoping to do.. if I keep up this ot I might get around 12 so thats good. .. if not I'll push it back a couple months.. but I am really really impatient.. I'm the type of person where I do things in steps.. and if I dont have enough money to reach each step I don't do it. probably sounds stupid but thats just how i am. If its free I dont count it as a step.

STEP 1) Buy and install t56 and everything needed to get it to work perfectly, new tires, new rims, new racing seats, re-upholter the back seats to match, basic bolt ons (get it going and looking good)

STEP 2) brake and suspension upgrade for track racing.

STEP 3) rebuild lt1 to handle some nice boost, build custom turbo kit

STEP 4) enjoy.

Right now it has the automatic 4l60e I belive???? And I am not a fan of automatics. I hope to have it done by summer time.... hope to have step 1 done by my birthday which is in february. I hope when I'm done mine looks 1/2 as good as yours.. your car is beautiful

#10 ·
The owner of the car 2 owners ago made it a drag car and then sold it. The previous owner took out the 383 put in a 283 for his son and left the roll cage in it but now the cage is just for looks. No it does not need one now to answer it for you lol.

#11 ·
enjoi2129 said:
The owner of the car 2 owners ago made it a drag car and then sold it. The previous owner took out the 383 put in a 283 for his son and left the roll cage in it but now the cage is just for looks. No it does not need one now to answer it for you lol.
It's really not a cage, technically it's just a roll bar but it does still strengthen the car up a good bit, good looking car though.

just a slow LT1 that whistles :)

#12 ·
New air breather
New stereo. Well not brand new but replaced my old one with this one
Belt dressing on belts
Licenses plate thingy that lights up

Found some leaks. Gonna post those in the problem section here in a few for help

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
Ordered new rear shocks, front struts both are kyb, coolant overflow resivoir, inner and outer window trim felt stuff and console lid today.

i put on today:

New hood struts
New stereo head unit
New transmission pan and fixed the tranny leak
New steering wheel
New rear hatch struts

Attachments

#16 ·
Bought more parts

Engine paint. Dark blue
Spark plug wires
Cap and rotor
Flat black header paint
Header gaskets

Still have to get front and rear seal for tranny,spark plugs, and air filter

Then we will be pulling engine and tranny. Hope to have it all done before the first of spring.

Of course pics will be uploaded when doing it all. Gonna do before and after pics.

Attachments

#18 ·
Oh god. Around my house the "ghetto" as people call it, almost everyone has a beautiful outside and some 22's but they never do anything under the hood. Drives me insane

#20 ·
Thank you! I'm highly considering getting them painted white, I think they'd make it stand out so much better but I'd have to wipe the brake dust off of them a lot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.