Camaro Zone Forums banner

1995 camaro lt1 want go pasted 4500rpm

1K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Brennon 
#1 ·
I have a lt1 camaro that runs amazing until you go to get in it.then the car starts popping and backfiring,but the tach stays steady it doesn't jump around are anything it try's to keep going.but the sputtering and popping want let it
The opti is about a yeAr old with about a 10 to 15 thousand mile also with new plugs and a rebuilt trans and pcm what could this be its driving me crazy!!! Please help I will pay to fix it idk if they put the wrong pcm in the car. Are if the opti shaft is moving around when it has a load put on it but it only at 4500rpm,it's nice and smooth all the up there until it hit that spot then all hell breaks loose sound like it's trying to blow the exhausted of the car please help me!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

#7 ·
Its new, also check fuel pressure it hold 43 our 44 and cats are clean and cleared out so it can't be that either I just hope it the opti

Then the next thing I would do is have the ignition control module tested
several times to make sure it is heated up.

#10 ·
It's good had them check it 4 time idk what else to do?

I would get a direct reading fuel pressure test gauge with a hose long enough so you could tape it to the outside of the windshield so you can see it from inside the car.
Then go for a drive and see what the fuel pressure is when the misfiring starts at WOT

#14 ·
Could this be a o2 sensor?

In my experience, an O2 sensor failing causes your car to run like crap across all RPM. It would also set the SES light. Have any codes you can pull?

Running like crap in a specific RPM range is usually associated with some failure in the spark or fuel delivery system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.