Camaro Zone Forums banner

1996 camaro v6 3.8

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  SmellyTeenSpirit 
#1 ·
Alright.. so this is my first post in the forum.. but i have a 1996 camaro v6 3.8 I want to buy a aftermarket exhaust and I want the most throaty one I can get any suggestions?

#3 ·
I personally would avoid flowmaster. The pipe they use is not as high a quality as some of the other brands. Also, on the v6 when you change the exhaust, you will get a more raspy sound too.

Sent from my LGL41C using Camaro Zone mobile app

#10 ·
I have no cat on my 02 bird, and it's really not much louder. Also, just making it loud is a great way to attract the police to a 16yo they can harass. Also, the 3.8 sounds worse the louder it gets, so people are going to start thinking you're trying to be part of the ricer crowd.

Sent from my LGL41C using Camaro Zone mobile app

#12 ·
If you just want it loud, get a Cherry Bomb and have it welded in. This requires minimal budget.

If you want it to sound good (for a V6) and actually get a little performance gain from it, get a Magnaflow catback system. This route will basically blow your entire $600 budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

#14 ·
This setup is pretty gnarly.

Parts alone are near $400 I believe, but just trying to give some good options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.