94 t/a lt1 - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > Camaro & Firebird Tech Forums > 4th Gen (1993-97) Camaro and Firebird Tech

Join Camaro Zone Today

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 10-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

94 t/a lt1

I have a 94 trans am 6 speed, I have a problem that I can't solve, my car will start only when engine is cold as soon as engine warms up It shuts off and will not start back for hrs, come to find out the only time cold Is firing only when everything is cold so I took pig tail off of coil and it was firing when engine was cold so I let engine runs until I cut off so I took wire off of coil and its not firing at all and replaced , new opti and cap, coil and icm, spark plugs wires, fuel pump and filter, and still getting the same thing, does anyone kno wat causing this problem

Old 10-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
CZ's Turbo Gawd
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Garage
Did you Replace the entire opti or just the cap and rotor? also if you replaced the opti did you also replace the wire harness that runs up the motor to the back of the intake manifold?

-1994 Trans Am Gt: caged, CC503, Garrett GT45, 6Lbs, 3.73
-2011 Camaro SS convertible: SOLD
94 T/A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:48 AM   #3

Mario

I replaced the entire distributor and cap, I tryed another wire that run into the distributor also
Old 10-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #4

I'm not positive, but I think the coolant temp sensor that is in the water pump may be your problem. You have two coolant sensors. The one on the side of the block is strictly for the gage on your display. The other one in the water pump is for fuel mixture. It may be bad and is sending an overheat signal to the computer causing it to shut down.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegeye1000 View Post
I'm not positive, but I think the coolant temp sensor that is in the water pump may be your problem. You have two coolant sensors. The one on the side of the block is strictly for the gage on your display. The other one in the water pump is for fuel mixture. It may be bad and is sending an overheat signal to the computer causing it to shut down.
I think you just solved my problem with this. I never got around to making a thread but this is the same issue i am having and the same car.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #6

Ok i thought about that also that will be the next thing i try for sure i haven't really been fooling wit it, but i will change both of them out tomorrow and see if that solve my problem