Camaro Zone Forums banner

95 z28 cam upgrade

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  94 T/A 
#1 ·
I Have a stock LT1 6speed. I want to put a bigger cam and am trying to find out what all I will need to upgrade to run a bigger cam

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

#5 ·
Depending on how much you have to spend you should go with a CC 306 or a CC503. The CC306 works well with an otherwise stock motor, you will still need new push rods valve springs and rockers. The CC503 will in a stock motor will choke because the motor can't move enough air. At the least you should have a decent port job on factory heads, most have their intake and heads ported with that cam. You would still need new valve train parts also.

#6 ·
I was just reading around the internet on those two cams because I am kind of interested on the subject as well. Did you mix up the two?I read a lot about the 503 being better for a stock motor while the 306 being better with after market heads. Is this true or was what I read incorrect?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Camaro Zone mobile app

#13 ·
What I read said the cc306 dosent work well with stock ported heads. It said the cc503 was better for stock ported heads. Does the new intake allow the 306 to work better with ported heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone
If you port and polish the factory intake yes. The heads have to have a really good port job to flow what that cam is capable of doing. I wouldn't waste money on a. Aftermarket intake, most people that make tons of power with LTx motors use a ported factory intake.

The heads are the biggest limiting factor with LT1s even when they are ported out they can still choke a motor best aftermarket heads are Trick flow or AFR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.