Camaro Zone Forums banner

Coil pack conversion info?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Camarojuana 
#1 ·
Anybody have coil packs on their lt1? If so how do you like it and would you recommend it over a replacement opti? It sounds like a cool setup and in turn eliminates the whole opti problem. I understand you still use the opti for the pickup though.

Also any power gains from the conversion? Im searching other forums at the moment trying to do as much research as possible.

If its worth doing im very interested in it. And an electric waterpump conversion if there is a daily driver friendly unit to use.

Sent from my PHOTON using CamaroZone

#3 ·
Blank94z28 said:
Anybody have coil packs on their lt1? If so how do you like it and would you recommend it over a replacement opti? It sounds like a cool setup and in turn eliminates the whole opti problem. I understand you still use the opti for the pickup though.

Also any power gains from the conversion? Im searching other forums at the moment trying to do as much research as possible.

If its worth doing im very interested in it. And an electric waterpump conversion if there is a daily driver friendly unit to use.

Sent from my PHOTON using CamaroZone
I remember reading two separate tech articles about using coil pack conversations on LT1 cars on GM High-Tech Performance magazine.
One using the Bailey Engineering LTCC conversation system & one with the EFI Conection's trick LS1 PCM /Ignition conversion.

They both add power and drivability. And most importantly they eliminate optispark problems by using LSx style coils.

The LTCC conversation uses a slick module to covert the opti's high & low resolution signals into commands for a set of LS-style coils, which still utilizes the factory PCM to decrease cost and increase simplicity. You can gain around 20+ hp and equally helps torque.

The EFI Connection kit uses a LS1 style PCM which I like cause it allows the LT1 to be tuned in a similar style as a LS1. It is getting harder and harder to find any shops that can Tune on a LT1/LT4 style engine. Most LT1 owners I know are reduced to pretty much just PCM for less mail in tunes. But that Abilty to use a LSX PCM adds to its cost. ($1500 or more a complete set)

I haven't tried either of these conversation kits but I was planning on using one of them on my future LT4 project. And I was leaning towards the EFI connection kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.