Driver Door Issues - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > Camaro & Firebird Tech Forums > 4th Gen (1993-97) Camaro and Firebird Tech

Join Camaro Zone Today

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 07-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Driver Door Issues

Since I got this 96 Camaro around the new year I been working on it for my first car it just sit for now. The drive door sags and the window never sealed right and leaks.

For the sagging door I got some hinges from a junk yard that were good, the camaro i got them from didn't sag at all. I put them on and raised the door with 5 gallon paint sticks gap between frame and bottom of door and had the back of the door a little higher then the back quarter panel. Then I middle out the striker to the latch. All was fine for about a week and it sag till it layed on the striker. So I readjusted hinges a second time and it happens again.I've done the passenger side and it been fine.

For the window it never tucks under the seal and leaks. So I took door apart and found the window been replace someone left the broken piece that goes in the forward or rearward channel then I found the back stabilizer busted off the door. So i fixed those two issue. So then I adjusted the window with the help from shbox.com, but even then the window still not sealing I have the 2 parts in the window that goes into the stabilizer sticking out on the outside of the window almost. I also adjusted the t-top to and it was never touch no sign of paint messed up from tighten/untighten bolts.

I dont know what happen or what they did but this door is a pain. Maybe someone has some idea's. Out of all i tryed it a little better but i know window aint post to be that much out.

Sorry for the long story, but the more you's know the better idea you get.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #2

Was the window motor changed at anytime. I had mine done and the bolts backed off and cause the window to drop and not seal correctly, I took it apart and used red locktite to help keep the nuts tight

Old 07-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins View Post
Was the window motor changed at anytime. I had mine done and the bolts backed off and cause the window to drop and not seal correctly, I took it apart and used red locktite to help keep the nuts tight
Its has been changed but the bolts are tight. My problem is like there's no more window to go up it hit the stabilizer bracket.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #4

I don't know what could be wrong, if your run out of ideas or options you might need to take it to a glass shop and let them figure it out
Old 07-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #5

Quote:
I don't know what could be wrong, if your run out of ideas or options you might need to take it to a glass shop and let them figure it out
Have to figure something out I been trying for awhile and nothing. Its the weirdest thing ever tho that the window is up as much as it can go but doesnt seal up into the weatherstrip. Its like that side should have a bigger window. 93-02 camaro/firebird windows are the same size just the metal track that attach to the window is different as far as i seen.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #6
Addicted Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophm View Post

Have to figure something out I been trying for awhile and nothing. Its the weirdest thing ever tho that the window is up as much as it can go but doesnt seal up into the weatherstrip. Its like that side should have a bigger window. 93-02 camaro/firebird windows are the same size just the metal track that attach to the window is different as far as i seen.
If you replaced the rivets with screws, they tend to eat up the plastic and the track has to be replaced.

As for the door ill need to look at mine to think about it
Kawasaki Ninja500
150cc Scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarojuana View Post
oh! And some tacky mother****er with a green 05 or 06 V6 Stang on some 22's" on the corner of my block. **** that dude.
Michaelrulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #7

Make sure the 4 rivets/bolts holding the regulator to the door haven't started to sag and elongate the holes in the door, which would lower the position of the window.

I also had the same problem with those two guides at the top of the door. I replaced one with a bigger washer and it tore out again. The window wouldn't completely seal at the front seal by the mirror. I'm at the point where I just need a new door.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #8

They did some ruff stuff when they drilled out the rivets, but i got bolts with washers holding it in place now. I dont think any of thats is the problem cause the window cant go any higher then the stabilizer brackets the window hits them.

Were the window meets the rubber on the top of mirror I gets drops of water there cause the window is so much higher then it should be that the window is tilted so much and the mirror doesn't do that kinda tilt i'm guessing.

I compare the passenger side apiller weatherstrip track that mount to the frame and holds the weatherstrip to the driver side and it higher up on the driver side a bit but thats were the factory put it, it hasnt been touch that I seen.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #9

Can you get a picture of the window regulator bolts
Old 07-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Can you get a picture of the window regulator bolts
Sure I gotta take the panel off. I'll get them up in bit.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #11

[/URL

Old 07-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #12

The bolts look like the are moving up and down that would cause the window to not seal properly
Old 07-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #13

Quote:
The bolts look like the are moving up and down that would cause the window to not seal properly
They probably did at one point but I changed the bolts they used and put washers on then when I took regulator out.. They don't move since I changed them.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #14

I'm at a loss to what's wrong
Old 07-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #15
Always Watching...
Feedback Score: 20 reviews

Send a message via AIM to Superman
Close door, window up, stand back and at waist level take a pic of profile of car. Then door-fender. Then problem window area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96FBird View Post
... and for that Superman wins the internets
Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
Close door, window up, stand back and at waist level take a pic of profile of car. Then door-fender. Then problem window area.

It hard to get the picture with window up, it never get up to the up side down u part to seal it. It has gap like the t-top picture all the way around window

As your see this is how the t-top was before i adjusted it but its never been move till i did it.