Camaro Zone Forums banner

ECM prom chip

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  94z28 
#1 ·
Hi I'm looking for the right part # for the prom chip for a 93 trans am ECM having a hard time with the local dealership getting the right one any info helps oh and it's a lt1

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

#2 ·
Curious as to why you need a new PROM chip?

#4 ·
I think your best bet is going to be to try a place like PCM for less.
Home | PCM for Less

#5 ·
This. Now I don't see any way that the PROM chip would interfere with reading codes. With a 93 a code will have to be read by flashing it out with the SES light, unless you have a tech1 GM scan tool. If you are having an issue with the opti replace it.

#6 ·
Ok well have the chip on order hope it's the right one crossing fingers takes two weeks to get in. And I had called the hypertech company and they told me that where not readable but I don't think that the guy I talked to knew what he was talking about but here's my problem- ECM has a code but when I try to read it with my "reader" for the lack of a better term says "can't communicate" and so I don't know for sure if it's the distributor or not

#7 ·
I don't think you can use a reader on a 93.

Sent from my Z796C using Camaro Zone mobile app

#10 ·
Ok sry but we have used a paper clip to see if we get a number of flashes and got 12 flashes I don't know what that means though

The flashes are in a sequence,... write down the sequence.
Kind of like Morse code.

Flash, pause, flash, flash
Flash, pause, flash, flash, flash.
and so on.

#12 ·
Look online how to do it and it will tell you what the flashes mean.

Sent from my Z796C using Camaro Zone mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.