Camaro Zone Forums banner

Made bypass still won't start

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Slow_Maro 
#1 ·
The starter and the injectors were disabled after I was messing with the battery cables. So I make a bypass but the car still won't start. I can here the starter come out and click but it won't crank. Any ideas on what to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

#2 ·
The starter and the injectors were disabled after I was messing with the battery cables. So I make a bypass but the car still won't start. I can here the starter come out and click but it won't crank. Any ideas on what to do?

Sounds like a dead battery or bad cable connection to me.

#4 ·
If the Bendix in the starter goes out but doesn't move, either the starter is bad, not getting enough power, or the engine is locked. Pull the starter out and jump the leads on it to get it to spin. If it spins either the voltage to the starter is low or the engine is locked up. If it doesn't spin get a new starter.

Sent from my Z796C using Camaro Zone mobile app

#6 ·
If the starter is clicking your getting ignition from through the VATS

Make sure it's the starter clicking by physically touching it while someone turns the key

Put yourself in a safe position of course

If it clicks when u turn the key and ur 100% that it's the starter and not some bullshit solenoid clicking somewhere then replace the starter even if it's brand new it can be bad believe me it's happened to me before

If it doesn't click it's something else bro

#8 ·
Thanks guy turns out I had to put the key in the "on" position and unplug the battery and let it sit for a little, all while leaving the key in "on" position and then reconnecting the battery and just turn the key from that position

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.