Camaro Zone Forums banner

Squealing/squeaking rear end

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  AwsmGy 
#1 ·
Lately I've been noticing at low speeds there's a very loud constant squealing sound that seems to only go away when I hit the brakes. It sounds like its coming from the rear drivers side of the car but not sure. I also hit a curb pretty hard about a month ago and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it but any help would be appreciated!

#3 ·
Sounds like you need new rear brake pads. Check your pads, they probably have no surface left. Check your rotors too.

As far as the curb issue, most likely only your suspension would be affected by that. Unless you had a complete all out accident with the curb, which I doubt lol.

#8 ·
That's what I usually do. Well, I usually do pads and rotors all at once, once I finally get the pads I want and the rotors I want. :lol:

As usual budget makes the different.

#7 ·
Most likely. Any noise you hear, that goes away with the pressure of the caliper pushing the pads to the rotors usually is something brake related.

Real easy way to troubleshoot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.