Camaro Zone Forums banner

Transmission troubles

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  scottshwtm 
#1 ·
Okay after recently getting my transmission rebuilt, and my car has sat up for over 6 months I finally drove it and the transmission went out. I don't know if it's the pump or the complete transmission, I checked the Fluid in the transmission and the fluid is full. Transmission guy where I stay said he would rebuild it for 750 and build it stronger than it is now, saying something about the shell being tougher is that a good price or should I check on the pump first?

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

#2 ·
Okay after recently getting my transmission rebuilt, and my car has sat up for over 6 months I finally drove it and the transmission went out. I don't know if it's the pump or the complete transmission, I checked the Fluid in the transmission and the fluid is full. Transmission guy where I stay said he would rebuild it for 750 and build it stronger than it is now, saying something about the shell being tougher is that a good price or should I check on the pump first?

First if it was just rebuilt it should have some sort of warranty I would think.
Second, is there a SES light?
Have you checked for codes?

#10 ·
I don't see how the trans went if rebuilt.

Does it actually go into gear? Like you can tell?

Please tell me the e brake is off cause someone had that issue before and it turned out e brake was engaged lol
Sorry for the late reply but yes the EBrake of off, I was driving it and once I topped the hill on the road I was on it stopped pulling. Since then I've checked the fluids and it was still full, I gave it a crank and it goes into each gear just doesn't move at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.