Camaro Zone Forums banner

3.8 installation

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ZexGX 
#1 ·
Has anyone here tried to install the engine and transmission bolted together as a unit through the top. I removed them seperatly but I was wondering if it is possible. It is a 97 Camaro RS 3.8L that im working on. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

#3 ·
I'm 90% sure that what you are talking about cannot be done.
you're better off taking it out the bottom.... and down will come baby, cradle and all.

#4 · (Edited)
it will come you just need to remove the upper intake manifold, i pulled/installed mine through the top before i found out about pulling it from the bottom.

#5 ·
I installed my engine last night with out the trans throught the top with few problems. I thought with the trans hanging off the back it would be too difficult to install at the same time so I just installed my trans after work today. Now I just have to figure out what to do with those stupid heater hoses. Mine are very spongy after having 205.000 miles on them but the dealer wants $200.00 for them. I found a picture of steel fittings that snap in the tensioner bracket but I cant find out where to buy them from. If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate some help here. Thanks for all the suggestions!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.