car shaking, unusually loud and has no power - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > Camaro & Firebird Tech Forums > V6 Camaro and Firebird Tech

Join Camaro Zone Today

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 10-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Exclamation car shaking, unusually loud and has no power

I was driving on the freeway and out of no where my car got a lot loud, and have a deep rumble. after i got of the freeway and was taking off from a red light, the car starting shaking and i had to step on the gas all the way just to get it to take off. when it idles the rpms seem lower then usual and it shakes almost like its about to stall out. when im first gear, or any gear, around 3800 and i step on it, it barely moves. i changed the fuel filter cause i thought it might be clogged and not getting enough gas but that didnt do anything. any ideas on what it could be?

Old 10-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboi2000 View Post
I was driving on the freeway and out of no where my car got a lot loud, and have a deep rumble. after i got of the freeway and was taking off from a red light, the car starting shaking and i had to step on the gas all the way just to get it to take off. when it idles the rpms seem lower then usual and it shakes almost like its about to stall out. when im first gear, or any gear, around 3800 and i step on it, it barely moves. i changed the fuel filter cause i thought it might be clogged and not getting enough gas but that didnt do anything. any ideas on what it could be?
Check your:
1. Air filter
2. Purge Valve Tube grommets
3. MAF
4. Edit removed
5. Belts and tentioners.
6. Oil pressure. if low check the oil system

Had this issue and my belt was loose, gromment was bad on purge valve tube by my TB. if the MAF is bad it could do the same.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #3

Garage
Did you hit anything? If your exhaust got pinched somewhere or anything it would make it shake unusually. And if it got pinched, it's possible that the exhaust could have a leak at one of the flanges or something giving you the loudness as well. It -might- cause the 'about to stall out' symptom you described, too, since it wouldn't have the best airflow.

Just my 2 cents. I had something similar happen before.

1998 Crate 3.8L Camaro
Pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back, KYB suspension, K&N CAI
DarkHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #4

no i didnt hit anything. like i said, i was just driving on the freeway and out of no where i heard the sound, thought it was weird and then at the same time i noticed that there was little response to the gas.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
The "Senior" Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboi2000 View Post
no i didnt hit anything. like i said, i was just driving on the freeway and out of no where i heard the sound, thought it was weird and then at the same time i noticed that there was little response to the gas.
Maybe you should put the car on a lift and look at the exhaust system.

96 T/A, Black/Graphite Leather, T-Tops, 6 speed, 10 speaker Delco/Bose "Monsoon"
Original owner, 188k miles and counting.
Total engine rebuild at 187,020 miles.
AIR delete. Bored .030 over.
Comp cams Xtreme Energy LT1 266HR-14 street cam and springs..
lift I .500 E .510 duration I 266 E 276
NavyVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:15 AM   #6

it ended up being the starter control module. one of the coils was burnt out. cost about 250 for labor and parts. i went with an aftermarket over seas module instead of the gmc one