Camaro Zone Forums banner

Electrical problem or something else?

930 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  knightprowl 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have an issue. I went to start my car this morning to warm it up. It started fine as always. But for some reason when I turned the headlight switch on and then off.

It caused the headlight on sound to beep randomly and made my power hatch release release the hatch and the power door locks lock and unlock the car multiple times.

It only happened when the door was open. I also had the windshield wipers on as well. I have never had this problem before and I don't know why this happened.

Is it a faulty headlight switch or is the key fob going bad or the BCM or what? If anyone knows what would cause this please let me know.

Thank you.

#2 · (Edited)
Well it hasn't done it anymore. At least not yet. So hopefully whatever it was stays gone. No idea what is going on but with these cars who knows.

Still if anyone has ever heard of this or can give me some ideas of where to start my search should it decide to return then please let me know.

To me it almost seemed like the key fob for the fact that the key fob makes the power door locks lock and unlock and pops the power hatch release.

But why the headlight switch sound was going off randomly when the headlights where off is beyond me. Anyways if anyone knows whats up let me know.

Thank you.

#3 ·
Hi,

I have an issue. I went to start my car this morning to warm it up. It started fine as always. But for some reason when I turned the headlight switch on and then off.

It caused the headlight on sound to beep randomly and made my power hatch release release the hatch and the power door locks lock and unlock the car multiple times.

It only happened when the door was open. I also had the windshield wipers on as well. I have never had this problem before and I don't know why this happened.

Is it a faulty headlight switch or is the key fob going bad or the BCM or what? If anyone knows what would cause this please let me know.

Thank you.
Well it hasn't done it anymore. At least not yet. So hopefully whatever it was stays gone. No idea what is going on but with these cars who knows.

Still if anyone has ever heard of this or can give me some ideas of where to start my search should it decide to return then please let me know.

To me it almost seemed like the key fob for the fact that the key fob makes the power door locks lock and unlock and pops the power hatch release.

But why the headlight switch sound was going off randomly when the headlights where off is beyond me. Anyways if anyone knows whats up let me know.

Thank you.
The Only thing I know of is the "lights on" ding, ding, ding is suppose to happen when the lights are left on when the ignition is off. This is suppose to remind the driver to turn off the headlights as to not drain the battery. The ding, ding will also happen if you try to lock the doors using the power switch when the key is still in the ignition. Engine running or not. This is a reminder for the driver to remove the ignition key to prevent the driver from locking the keys in the car. Or from locking the keys in the car with the engine running. Other than those, the other things you mentioned is just weird.

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply. And yes that is what I mean I don't know what the hell is going on. Only those things you mentioned should happen and they do. Yet what I said happened so I don't know whats up.

Maybe its just a one time thing and it won't happen again. Or maybe it will happen again someday down the road. For now I will just hope and pray it don't happen. Its all I can do right now.

Still I would like to know if anyone has ever experience this or something similar and what the problem was. Just trying to be on the safe side just in case. Anyways just let me know on this guys.

Thank you.

#5 ·
Thanks for the reply. And yes that is what I mean I don't know what the hell is going on. Only those things you mentioned should happen and they do. Yet what I said happened so I don't know whats up.

Maybe its just a one time thing and it won't happen again. Or maybe it will happen again someday down the road. For now I will just hope and pray it don't happen. Its all I can do right now.

Still I would like to know if anyone has ever experience this or something similar and what the problem was. Just trying to be on the safe side just in case. Anyways just let me know on this guys.

Thank you.
You're welcome.

I wouldn't rule out that the headlight switch may be going bad. Although, I am not sure what it would have to do with the hatch control. And yes, hopefully it's just a 1 time thing.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Camaro Zone App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.