help with cam and crank sensor PICS POSTED!!! - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > Camaro & Firebird Tech Forums > V6 Camaro and Firebird Tech

Join Camaro Zone Today

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 10-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

help with cam and crank sensor PICS POSTED!!!

sorry to bother you guys/gals i am working on the 94 firebird and the the issue is it wont start. a good mechanic buddy he thinks it is the cam or crank postioning sensor, the sympthoms are wont start but backfires through the throttle body. i was told to go with the cam sensor first and i bought the part but where is it on the car, i have a pic of what i think it is posted i was going to buy the shop manual but it was 25 dollars i will go to ebay and wait a few days to get that, that is why i am asking, location of the parts and what they look like..... the part they sold me they say they have another that looks like what i have in the first pic.... please help if need more pics or info post please
thanks
94 firebird V6

where i think it is

part they sold me

Old 10-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
CZ's Turbo Gawd
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Garage
i believe the crank sensor is on the bottom of the timing chain cover and the cam sensor on your motor should be under the coil packs... from past experience when one of those sensors goes bad it will cause the other to go bad

-1994 Trans Am Gt: caged, CC503, Garrett GT45, 6Lbs, 3.73
-2011 Camaro SS convertible: SOLD
94 T/A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 T/A View Post
i believe the crank sensor is on the bottom of the timing chain cover and the cam sensor on your motor should be under the coil packs... from past experience when one of those sensors goes bad it will cause the other to go bad
i changed the two said sensors and the car sounds a little better but still wont start!!!