Camaro Zone Forums banner

help..engine noise..or something

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  fbodyrs96 
#1 ·
I know the video sucks but can anybody tell me what that noise is???:dunno:

#11 ·
good luck on finding your problem, does your belt feel loose any at all, I was thinking like FirebirdPhil, belt, maybe belt tensioner spring fixing to go. :dunno:

#15 ·
yeah, it was the idler pulley, wasn't sure at first when I bought it. but on the way home the old flew out form underneath the car, the belt manage to grab the bearing, what was left and keep running until I got here home..

old pulley

new one

and yes I 'm going to change the lower one and belt when I get paid..

#20 ·
fbodyrs96, what did it sound like?? Mine started making a noise today, kinda quite at first, know it's kinda louder. Sounds like Christmas aluminum foil wadded up in your hand while you open and close. Kinda a crinkling noise. Is that what yours did??

#22 ·
ok, i'm in full blown panic mode right now, taking it to shop in morning. It started today, kinda quite, then got louder thourout the day, so a buddy said put a little belt dressing on it, I did, just 2 little squirts, cranked it up and it got louder, so I cut it off. When you race engine it gets quite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.