Camaro Zone Forums banner

P1515 and p1514 codes

10K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  wolfeman 
#1 ·
So it all started the other day I went to eat somewhere and it was really hard to start than went to the parts store and it completely dies on me so I checked the pump it's priming I had a leaking injector so I replaced the o rings did some research and some said icm so I replaced that and it started but it died within 2 minutes so I changed the plugs and nothing anyone have any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

#2 ·
So it all started the other day I went to eat somewhere and it was really hard to start than went to the parts store and it completely dies on me so I checked the pump it's priming I had a leaking injector so I replaced the o rings did some research and some said icm so I replaced that and it started but it died within 2 minutes so I changed the plugs and nothing anyone have any ideas ?

http://www.engine-codes.com/p1515_chevrolet.html

https://www.engine-codes.com/p1514_chevrolet.html

Both of these relate to the Throttle Actuator Control (TAC).

The 1514 Code also mentions the MAF Sensor.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Camaro Zone

#4 ·
So it looks like I need to replace the throttle body but my question is would a throttle body cause a no start ?

On a drive-by wire car (1999-02 models), yes. The DBW setup requires a functioning actuator to open the throttle. if this part fails the diagnostic check, the engine computer can't regulate throttle input so it aborts the start.

#14 ·
Replaced the throttle body and still nothing is there a relearn procedure?
Well a crank position sensor didn't fix my problem what do y'all think it could be a bad throttle body?
I didn't have the money for a new one so I put a new one on and the 1515 code went away but I can't get the 1514 code to go away now and it's preventing my csr to start
I'm so confused. What parts have you actually replaced?

From what you've posted, it sounds like you need a new (not used) crankshaft position sensor. A used throttle body should be sufficient once it is re-learned.

There's a lot of used throttle bodies on Ebay, or any 99-02 v6 camaro or firebird in a junkyard.

#6 ·
Yes... Can't seem to find one that is specific for the camaro/firebird, so you may want to disconnect your battery for an hour to clear the OBD codes before you try this.

#12 ·
Well a crank position sensor didn't fix my problem what do y'all think it could be a bad throttle body?

That is what the codes you posted indicate.

#16 ·
I've put a used throttle body on still got the p1514 code car won't even crank I've replaced crank position sensor,icm , spark plugs and a used throttle body
First, use the code reader's erase function to clear the P1514 code.

Then try doing the Throttle reset:

• turn ignition on without starting , completly depress throttle then release and switch ignition off. repeat above a second time. then start as normal
If that doesn't work, try the procedure at this link.

I suppose you may have gotten a bad used throttle body...

#20 ·
Update so now their isn't any codes but today it started and ran for 2 minutes than died and it just cranks and cranks and I tried the relearn procedure and it started after but it won't stay running
OK, we're getting somewhere then. Starting, then dying is better than not starting at all...

Did you do both of the re-learn procedures? The throttle one and the idle one?

#24 ·
How is your battery condition and does the starter crank ok? A weak battery will cause that code (P1515) to set according to the factory service manual:

"Important: Ensure that the starting and charging systems are operating properly. Low system voltage causes this DTC to set"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.