Camaro Zone Forums banner

trouble codes

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  geenani 
#1 ·
hey everybody a code came up on my diagnostics. the light flashed 4 times Then a pause. then 3 flashes. so it was 1-2-3-4 pause 1-2-3 .. I don't have code reader. could anyone give me some insight on what this means? it wud be greatly appreciated thanks guys.

#2 ·
Code 43 is knock sensor circuit

#3 ·
How did you get 43 out of 1-2-3-4 / 1-2-3?

#4 ·
Obd1 gm diagnostics. Jump two terminals and the check engine light will flash in a sequence. Obd1 gm stuff is all two digit codes. It repeats each code three times then ends with a code 12 to let you know that was all the codes. All chiltons and Haynes manuals have the instructions for how to pull codes on the early model vehicles.

#6 ·
Oh yeah, it's the last numbers in the sequence.
duh.:18:

#7 ·
I was looking at the wrong chart in my first post. The correct code 43 for your car is this

1982 - 1992 Code 43: Electronic Spark Control "Poor electrical connection, open or short in circuit; defective ESC module; defective knock sensor; defective ECM".

#8 ·
Are you getting any symptoms? Running rough, lack of power, misfires?

I'd start with checking the wiring and connection at the knock sensor.

I don't have access to my alldata here at the house but if you haven't figured it out by Monday I can get you the diagnostic flow chart for it once I'm back at the shop.

What year and engine is your car?

#10 ·
thanks for the help guys .. well I've been reading up on the symptoms and it feels like I wud be driving uphill but I'm not. and it feels like the car has asthma as one person put it. hesitation. I'm gna clean off the sensor today and inspect.

its a 1992 3.1L v6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.