Camaro Zone Forums banner

Help!

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  9hawk4 
#1 ·
Hello all, I have a camaro that was my grandfathers, it is a 1987 camaro iroc v6 2.8 liter engine.

It hasn't ran in roughly five years, and it has about 86,000 original miles on it, I want to get some opinions on what to do. I already have a new battery for it.

Basically what I want to do is see if It even starts up first, I don't know of any pre-existing conditions, so what should I do prior to start-up and how should I start it up, I don't want to blow a whole lot of money in it if it isn't even worth it.

Thank!

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

#2 ·
If it was me I would first make sure that the engine will move by hand. To make sure it is not sized up . If it turns then I would check all fluids to make sure that they are ok and at proper levels. The biggest issue I would be concerned about is the fuel tank . You may want to clean it out to make sure you don't suck a bunch of what ever could be in it into your engine. JMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.