Camaro Zone Forums banner

Eric's 01 SS mod thread

30K views 272 replies 35 participants last post by  Ercmann 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thought I would start a thread of the work I have been and will be doing to my ride.
I installed new lights today.
Previous audio setup. I had 2-12" PPI sub's
New audio setup. I will be going with 4-10" Alpine's.
Also got some new component speakers, haven't installed them yet. Waiting on another pair to arrive that I ordered

Attachments

See less See more
#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks .. Ya.. 200 amp alt... A 2nd battery and a wire upgrade (bigger positive, negative and alt cables/wire ) does the trick... 200 amp alt is good for a 2000 watt sound system at full power . And is good for entire electrical system, lights, a/c.. Etc.. Etc with stereo at cruising volume.. Plus charge an extra battery

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
All I have left now to receive is the new sub amp. And here's the list :

Kenwood Excelon Head Unit: XXV-01D, 25th Anniversary model
Polk Audio MM6501 6.5" component speakers, 2 pairs
Polk Audio MM6 MOMO 6.5" component speakers
Alpine SWR1043D 10" sub .. 2 for now, will add 2 more in the near future, looking for deals
Kenwood KAC-7204 2 channel amp X2.... 500 watt RMS ea
Kenwood Excelon KAC-X1200 mono sub amp.. 1200 watt RMS @ 2 ohms, and is 1 ohm stable

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Update:: bought And awaiting arrival another Kenwood X1200 amp. Also found and ordered (for cheap ) the 4th Alpine SWR1043 type R sub. That makes 4 10" alpine subs and 2 Kenwood x1200 Amp's, 2 subs per amp. Gonna be freakin' awesome !!!! Still waiting to receive 3 of the subs and 1 amp. Should have all of them by the end of next week :p and I'll post pix when I get the chance.. Here's 1 of the x1200's

Attachments

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
HotRoddCamaro said:
Sweet, I bet that sound system sounds amazing. Even more so with the extra new stuff.
It's not installed yet. Parts are all over my living room floor..(1 benefit of being single ) .. LOL I'm still waiting on 3 of the subs n 1 amp, then I'll install them all. I'll have to redo my whole system except running wires, that parts done :p and I'm counting on it to sound incredible !!! :p ...... I might install the component speakers tomorrow, maybe.. If I get a wild hair

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Update:: never got the "wild hair", so still need to install/change everything. But I have received all the parts, pix soon to come :p :-D
Kenwood X1200m x2
Kenwood KAC- 7204 x 2
Alpine SWR1043 subs x4
Polk Audio MM6501 component speakers x2
Polk Audio MM6 and MMC6500 component speakers
Here's a couple pix

Attachments

#16 ·
I like your car's front end bud. Always thought the SS grille looked cool like that.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
88GTA said:
Maybe some pics installed im really thinkin bout gettin one from covergirl
Edit: pix added .....Yea, i tried to take a pic thru the windshield, but was too much glare. I'll take a pic from the inside and post it later.
Installed: she even included Velcro but I didn't use it.

Attachments

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
88GTA said:
Are those for the tail lights or for what if so what the part number
No, those are for the front. Edit: equivalent to GM part # 12159662 and AC Delco part # LS54 <---- these, are $44.97ea shipped on eBay. The ones I got are not a Genuine GM part, but are equivalent, but I only paid $15 for the pair shipped, for a non GM part. And are pretty much the exact same part, even made by the same company nd same parts as GM's, for a fraction of the price.
And go here, the light under the headlight.
The pic up there ^^are the ones I bought. This pic is an actual AC Delco part # LS54. I've compared the ones I bought to the originals on my car and they are virtually identical.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.