Camaro Zone Forums banner

Keyless entry remote control. How to replace?

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  q3a 
#1 ·
i lost my remote. Bought new one on ebay, was doing step-by-step that i saw in instruction but it didn't fit.
How to know which one remote will be fit???

#2 ·
I had a bad one.... ordered one from internet and it worked fine. It costs less than $20 and instructions were........ remove the radio fuse (don't know why)..... turn ignition key to on position (not start) three times in five seconds. Should program. Replace fuse.

#4 ·
I'm pretty sure all 4th gens use the same remote. I've programmed them by jumping pins on the OBD connector. If my memory serves me correct it's only OBD1 cars that program that way.

#8 ·
What do you mean by "didn't fit"? The 93-95 Camaro uses a different keyfob. It is more square in shape with square buttons, different from the 96-02 which is slightly V-shaped with rounded buttons. Which one did you buy?

#10 ·
today my key fob delivered. I tried program like instruction say, but it doesn't work... The PCB like my old PCB.
I used this instruction:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

2. Remove the RADIO fuse.

3. Cycle the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position (as far as you can go without
cranking the engine) 3 times within 5 second ending in the RUN position. The vehicle will verify
entry into the programming mode by locking then unlocking the door locks.

4. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter for approximately
15 seconds. The vehicle will verify programming by locking then unlocking the door locks. Your
new remote has been accepted and all existing remote codes have been erased.

5. Repeat the previous step for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters). You
may program up to 4 transmitters. This must be done before the RADIO fuse is reinstalled.

6. Place the ignition switch in the OFF position. IMPORTANT: The remote keyless entry system
will not be operational if the radio fuse is open.

7. Replace the RADIO fuse. If at any time it is necessary to restart the procedure, turn the ignition
OFF and proceed again with step number 1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.