Camaro Zone Forums banner

Quick help for my stuck clutch pedal

3K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  Lovin my Z 
#1 ·
1st off let me start by saying I changed my clutch fluid not even a month ago and it was recommended to me to go with DOT4 fluid for the clutch. So I did. This morning I was running I mean driving faster than a new Camaro and I went from 3rd to 4th then it wouldn't come out of 4th. I had to drive the rest of the way home in 4th. Like 15 miles. Once I got home I eventually got it unstuck but when it happened my pedal felt different. Like I only had half pedal. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

#3 ·
sounds more like a loss of pressure issue... maybe your bleed screw came loose?

Could have also blown a seal in the master cylinder... Switching from DOT3 to DOT4 is not something I'd really want to do on a 12+ year old hydraulic system. I know they are "compatible," but they are slightly different compounds, so if the DOT3 has permeated the seals enough, the DOT4 might react with it in a negative manner.

#4 ·
Sounds like air in the system to me.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thos!

OP: You need to bleed the clutch system again. Did you change the master/slave cylinders? It's been a month since You changed the clutch fluid, how does it Look now? Is it black again? If so, contamination, again, and if you didn't install new master and slave cylinders, the seals are probably shot.
My post is based off of symptoms AND the pedal issue.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Camaro Zone

#6 ·
You need to stop driving it until you figure out the problem or you'll destroy the synchros in the transmission.

#10 ·
The problem is in the clutch system.
If the clutch doesn't disengage completely it's hard if not impossible to shift into any gear, and it will eventually ruin the transmission.

#16 ·
Fix the clutch issue.

#19 ·
Not steep for a T56 rebuild.

Fix the clutch then you can see if the tranny is broken.

#23 ·
Mine went out at 101,000!!! Couldn't get it out of gear!! Clutch pedal stuck to floor!! Is it leaking DOT fluid yet? Replaced along with LS7 clutch and flywheel I love it.. The new slaves from gm are upgraded to hold up better!! Havnt had any problems and I drive the shit out of it. Hope this helps ya bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

#24 ·
Mine went out at 101,000!!! Couldn't get it out of gear!! Clutch pedal stuck to floor!! Is it leaking DOT fluid yet? Replaced along with LS7 clutch and flywheel I love it.. The new slaves from gm are upgraded to hold up better!! Havnt had any problems and I drive the shit out of it. Hope this helps ya bud.

So it wasn't ur synchros? Just ur slave cylinder

#30 ·
Replaced just the slave first and it drove with no problems . it is internally mounted, bolts to the transmission itself around the input shaft so you have to drop the trans to get it out and replace it. It's not a hard job but it's time consuming and a lift really comes in handy along with a helping hand or two. Be happy to help you through it if you need it. Just make sure if you do buy it that you buy the Genuine gm slave!! There all sold as the revised slave which came in 01 and up t56's and comes with the throw out bearing !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.