Camaro Zone Forums banner

Serpentine Belt

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  blondebomber6541 
#1 ·
Went to get my oil changed at NTB yesterday. Guys do a quick look over the car to make sure all is well and they tell me my serpentine belt has some cracks and to consider replacing. They quoted me $80 to replace. I declined. I checked it out and it has some minor cracks, and I can only assume it's the original belt, so I guess it should be replaced. Autozone has the belt for 25-30 bucks. That's more affordable for me. Dad said I can buy it there and take it to Pep Boys or O'Reillys and someone will install it for 10 bucks. Again, more affordable.
I want to do it myself and have read it can be difficult, but have been told it's easy. Any tips, walk through, write ups, etc would be of great help. It's really cold out and I dont want to be out there any longer than I have to, so I want to know what I'm doing.

#3 ·
It can be somewhat challenging because you would have to mess with the tensioner and all. other than that it is pretty easy. jus follow the diagram for the belt on the car and make sure you double check that you have the belt on right. honestly it would be so much easier to pay the 10 bucks to have it put on. they can do it in 5 mins or less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.