Camaro Zone Forums banner

*URGENT* Oil Issues

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  tylersmif 
#1 ·
Alright guys I notices my 99 camaro was shall spots if oil the other day so i went underneath. It looks like its coming from the oil pan. I checked all but two of the bolts and saw that they were loose. Then I cleaned up the oil pan and just yesterday I went to check if I fixed the problem. Now the two bolts that I didn't check by the drain plug were covered in oil. So i checked those and one tightened up while the other one snapped off. I got replacement ones but here is my question... My oil pressure is not stable now and there is hesitation when I try to accelerate as if the trans was slipping but i know its not.

Will one bolt cause this ?

#3 ·
^^X2^^.
Have you checked the oil level?

#4 ·
When my sending unit crapped out I sprung a small leak. I also lost oil pressure. I'd check that. It could be that the leak isn't coming from the bolts but running down onto them and it appears its coming from them.

Reactions: tylersmif
#5 ·
Zach+'maro=:) said:
When my sending unit crapped out I sprung a small leak. I also lost oil pressure. I'd check that. It could be that the leak isn't coming from the bolts but running down onto them and it appears its coming from them.
Right, I didn't think of that. That's what happened to my '93. I ruled that out with my '99 because this happened just today after the bolt broke lastnight.

#6 ·
For me the leak started first. It was a process of the unit going out. With full oil it would hold pressure on acceleration but not idle. Once the leak lost me a chunk of oil I lost pressure completely.

#13 ·
Under what conditions?
Dead Stop, rolling, at what speed if rolling, are you stepping on it enough to cause the convertor to unlock or the tranny to downshift?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.