1991 RS complete drivetrain swap suggestions / recommendations / things to aviod? - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > Camaro & Firebird Tech Forums > General Camaro & Firebird Tech

Join Camaro Zone Today

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 07-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Garage
1991 RS complete drivetrain swap suggestions / recommendations / things to aviod?

New to the Camaro Zone site. I bought my 1991 RS brand new with 4 miles on it and I still drive it now with @201k on the stock 305tbi motor, 5 speed tranny and rear end. I recently completed a build on my 2007 Trailblazer SS (Procharged LS2 - 610rwhp 7.3x in 1/8 with a 4600lbs SUV) and now looking to move on to swapping the drivetrain out of the my Camaro. I have a budget of about $12k to put towards making this a total sleeper ride (ever seen Street Outlaws? IF so - think farm truck). Probably thinking of getting a junkyard LS1 or LS2 maybe even an LS3 if the price is right. I will also be looking to convert to a 6speed manual built transmission. I will also be upgrading the rear end too. Basically I am looking for suggestions from experienced 3rd gen owners / builders on what to definitely AVOID as well as what works great. Hit me up with your ideas and / or horror stories. Thanks in advance!

Old 07-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Addicted Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheder View Post
New to the Camaro Zone site. I bought my 1991 RS brand new with 4 miles on it and I still drive it now with @201k on the stock 305tbi motor, 5 speed tranny and rear end. I recently completed a build on my 2007 Trailblazer SS (Procharged LS2 - 610rwhp 7.3x in 1/8 with a 4600lbs SUV) and now looking to move on to swapping the drivetrain out of the my Camaro. I have a budget of about $12k to put towards making this a total sleeper ride (ever seen Street Outlaws? IF so - think farm truck). Probably thinking of getting a junkyard LS1 or LS2 maybe even an LS3 if the price is right. I will also be looking to convert to a 6speed manual built transmission. I will also be upgrading the rear end too. Basically I am looking for suggestions from experienced 3rd gen owners / builders on what to definitely AVOID as well as what works great. Hit me up with your ideas and / or horror stories. Thanks in advance!
Id go lq9 stroked to a 408. Then drop the rest into the tranny and rear.
Kawasaki Ninja500
150cc Scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarojuana View Post
oh! And some tacky mother****er with a green 05 or 06 V6 Stang on some 22's" on the corner of my block. **** that dude.
Michaelrulaz is offline   Reply With Quote