Camaro Zone Forums banner

Belt

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  jamesp413 
#1 ·
I took out my ac compressor and replaced it with that bracket with the pulley in its place.the question I have is there a nonac belt I need to switch to?the replacement pulley bracket is some what smaller than the ac compressor.its loose also.or could it be the tensioner.feel strange asking this!thanks for any help and advice....,James

#6 ·
You can walk in and ask for a smaller belt. Tell them your engine and they will let you know what your stock belt length. If a new stock belt is loose you can always ask for the next size down or so on until its a snug fit with no major slack. We ran into alot of issues with this when we started putting out singer 350 amp adjustable reg late on with the overdrive pulleys which were alot smaller.

We would purchase the next size belt down which is usually 1-3 inches shorter in total length and it would fix the issue

#10 ·
You will throw a code because of the slippage. It could be various things but mainly in my opinion its coming on thanks to slippage on the alt cutting output.

Many of the cars made will throw a code when the correct voltage is not being created. It also could be other things.

Be careful with the belt selection and make sure to try and make sure there is no slippage. Make sure to get the correct belt as even a small bit of slip can cause belt shredding or so on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.