Camaro Zone Forums banner

compressor replacement?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  whitdog54 
#1 ·
about how long should it take a decent, mechanically inclined person to change an air compressor in a 92 camaro rs 3.1? I don't want to be out in the heat all day and i don't wanna pay tons of money to have it replaced either.... so.... about how long would the replacement take?

#3 ·
Do you have a vacuum pump to evacuate the system before you recharge it after the compressor is installed?
Do you have a set of compound gauges so you can verify that the high and low side pressures are correct after it is charged.

You know you have to also replace the receiver / dryer when you replace the compressor?

#4 ·
I have access to the gauges, the leak is in the compressor o-ring, and the compressor itself is going bad which is why I need to replace it. So there's no refrigerant in the system now anyway. I did not know I need to replace the receiver either..... so.... with all that said, with just the replacement of the receiver and the compressor w/ clutch how long should it take to replace?

#6 ·
2 hours tops

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.