Camaro Zone Forums banner

Faulty wire?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BlackLab Lenny 
#1 ·
Every once and a while the switch on my drivers door for the passenger window will only put the window down but not up. The drivers window switch works fine though, and the switch on the passenger door works too. Could this just be a faulty wire?

#2 ·
Common problem with F-body windows.
It's the way they are wired, shows up when the window motor gets weak.
There is a fix for it
Search the forum for a window wiring kit.

#3 ·
NavyVet said:
Common problem with F-body windows.
It's the way they are wired, shows up when the window motor gets weak.
There is a fix for it
Search the forum for a window wiring kit.
Ive already rewired it directly to the battery, the window goes up fine when i use the switch on the passenger door. Just sometimes when i use the switch on the drivers door to put the passenger window up nothing happens.

#7 · (Edited)
Hey Buddy! "CRAPPY PARTS WARNING"........I bought a new switch for the chicken when I was preparing to the window wiring mod. I bought the double window switch for the drivers side door panel. I did'nt like how the writing was wearing off, the switch was working fine. After installation I noticed the springs that return the switch were weak and the feel was.......well, CRAP! I bought them from AutoZone, but im sure you could wind up with the same issue from any chain parts store. The original switch was put back in. Check it before you leave the store. Changing the switch is easy as pie! Use a thin electrical screw driver to push the tab on the switch housing. Thats the panel that holds "all" the switches. Be careful not to damage the armrest. Then pull up and away from the armrest. Turn the housing up side down and unplug the switch. You will see how to remove the switch from the housing after you unplug it. For extra protection i coated the base of the switch and the contacts with die electric grease before putting the switch back on the car. It will keep any water out that might get in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.