Camaro Zone Forums banner

Question about SS camaros

15K views 196 replies 18 participants last post by  sharkbait54 
#1 ·
I'm looking to maybe purchase a SS camaro it's really nice but I have a few questions. First of all it's clothe interior I thought they were all leather? Second the little badge by the stereo reads "Camaro" shouldn't it read "Camaro SS"?

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

See less See more
#37 ·
Depends on where you are, but there's still a few top down days left, lol.

#50 ·
crap I hope it's nothing big I'm trying to pay off my credit cards... I just thought it was weird that it just so happens when the check gauges 20 min later check engine came on....ow well this is life. I'll hopefully check it out before I go into work tomorrow.

I might win my own challenge tomorrow I need to go to autozone ha!!!

#58 ·
Ok so I called pepboys, they said they'll do it for $220 so I might wait till my usual mechanic opens tomorrow and get that change hopefully a few bucks cheaper. I also (heard) it can mess with fuel economy which would explain a lot...and damage the catalytic converter, which is prob why it threw up a bunch of codes at the autozone. Times like these I thank god I have my silverado. It helps having two vehicles.

#59 ·
dude... you could do it yourself with a set of basic hand tools and some PB's or DW40.

Seriously, get a diagram, even though I think that's passenger side precat sensor, unbolt, unplug, plug, bolt up.

Oh, disconnect the battery first, lol.

#63 ·
I hear you. I did mine on a even slab of concrete, with an autozone cheapo jack, and some cheapo hand tools. For future reference, that's $70 in your pocket or to your car :)

#69 ·
Agreed. Don't settle for anything cheap either, you'll regret it lol. Man I was just checking out that Viper alarm... badass! Top in reviews too.

Just don't ever go Pyle.. name fits.

#70 ·
Ok, looks like it's not a sensor but more likely a cat. I got the PO430 code so as my research tells me indeed it is the pass cat.?? Any ways made an appointment wed to get her done.

"My" mechanic pretty much sat on it for a week just about drove me crazy.

#74 ·
I believe they're actually called fuel rail covers, and yea I think with a tiny bit of modification they'll fit on a camaro. If I'm not mistaken, on those the corvette letters are raised, so people just sand them down and them paint em and put corvette on em. Either that or it's pressed in, so they fill it in and then put camaro on it. Either way it requires a little modification to fit, and to say camaro. They aren't that expensive though, ($200?). I believe there's also a thread that talks about getting them on an LS1 and the steps you have to take to do that

#83 ·
I had this problem once where it wouldn't let the key out because it wasn't fully in park. It's because I pushed the knob slightly too far down, thus holding the rod down. The rod that the push button controls. If that button is down, even a little, it won't go all the way into park.

#86 ·
I don't think you have to remove to whole center console, just the console trim plate. On the 93-96 style ones like mine, they just pop out. But I'm not too sure about the later style ones like yours.

#88 ·
Well in the trim plates like mine it's like a plastic toy that snaps together and snaps off. You have to be careful not to snap off and break the little ends that insert into the notches and holes, but yeah, it snaps off. But like I said earlier, yours might be different. If you google removing trim plate on Camaro I'm sure it'll tell you if its different or like I'm telling you for your year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.