Camaro Zone Forums banner

Question about SS camaros

15K views 196 replies 18 participants last post by  sharkbait54 
#1 ·
I'm looking to maybe purchase a SS camaro it's really nice but I have a few questions. First of all it's clothe interior I thought they were all leather? Second the little badge by the stereo reads "Camaro" shouldn't it read "Camaro SS"?

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

See less See more
#175 ·
If the shop is competent in the least, they will know that it has to be done. Whether or not that is included in the price or not, that will be up to the shop. Keep in mind PCMforless can do the flash for you for about $100, and can send you a tuned PCM and after you get it you can send them the old one so there doesnt have to be down time for the car.

#177 ·
Got it back today, he said it shouldn't be needed to flash it don't know how true is that.

The rear end is awesome I know I wasn't suppose to feel a difference but wow this car feels so fast, another thing could be that the axle hit the frame and since the bumpstop was completely out, it bent the frame in turn hitting the tire. A little longer and it would have popped the tire!

I love the shift points I've only ridden in it for a little while but holy shit it feels good.

I really want to put the dual tips but idk if I wanna spend the money.

#178 ·
A gear change WILL throw off your speedometer and odometer. It needs to be flashed to be accurate.
In your case, it will not be much, but enough to skew it at higher speeds.

For example....an M6 at 75MPH will be turning 1600RPM with the 3.23 and it will be turning 1700RPM with the 3.42.
Same scenario....but using the same RPM....at 2000RPM in 6th gear with the 3.23 you are going 95MPH but with the 3.42 you are going 89MPH.
This assumes factory tire height.

Reactions: sharkbait54
#192 ·
Where was the leak.

#194 ·
Cool glad it was a cheap fix.

Reactions: sharkbait54
#196 ·
Dang. I'm surprised a shop didn't charge much for that. Most of the time they'll take advantage of you. I had a motherf--ker try to charge my sister $500 for a maf sensor. Said it takes 4 hrs. When I got on the phone with him his story changed to "well it's actually the wiring blah blah blah yadda fukkin yadda. I told him to take my sister's car out of his shop and we'll pick it up. I had an maf sensor laying around from my motor swap. Put in a new sensor it was golden. Took 5 minutes. And it only took so long cause I couldn't find the right tool. After i swapped the sensor and came back in. I told my sister it was done and working right. She's like "already!!??!" Like yeah it was that easy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.