Camaro Zone Forums banner

what oil do you use?

6K views 47 replies 25 participants last post by  Ercmann 
#1 ·
What brand/product/weight do you use? And in what engine?

#19 ·
5w30 synthetic in an engine with 182 k miles on it.

#20 ·
Oil is oil is oil for most cars.
Conventional is perfectly fine, just make sure you keep up on the changes.

Conventional oils have made tons of progress in terms of the way they compare to synthetics, really I would have no problem using either. Unless I had a built motor or something comparable.

#31 ·
This guy was talking about a oil leak, earlier on in the thread.Please read the thread before getting all jumpy.
Your attitude is pissing me off the last few nights. I was not jumpy, and I have read the thread. The conversation had gone past the leak, if you want to jump back to it, use the nifty forum feature that allows you to QUOTE someone else's post. Like what I did here.

Last warning before I actually dish out infractions. Consolidate you thoughts into ONE post.

#26 ·
Now I've seen o-rings on Transmission oil pump bolts and a few other places but not on an oil pan bolt. The oil pan gasket is what generally seals the pan and bolts.

#29 ·
Valvoline Max Life Synthetic Blend 10w-30 for now (it was free :p) looking at Mobile 1 or Amsoil once i finish the engine rebuild.

1999 Camaro v6 (3800 Series II)

#30 ·
Pennzoil 5w30 High Mileage conventional in my 3.4L.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.