Camaro Zone Forums banner

finally a real car

786 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ercmann 
#1 ·
well someone new here. im an old mustang guy. old meaning i used to have a 89 lx done up pretty good. the classic combo 331 ci probe rotating assembly twisted wedge heads holly systmax intake tfs stage 2 cam dont remember the specs also had a vortech s trim on it. stock pully. the car put down 540 to the wheels. so in my eyes it was pretty fast. fast forward about about 9 years. and im picking up a 2000 camaro ls1 with t~tops auto from an uncle who bought it new. its been in a garage from day 1 and has 52000 miles on it.no kids no smoking car is cherry. im looking for combo set ups. h/c/i.and what will the stock block hold up to power wise. how easy can i get to 400/450 rwhp? any camaro shops in the northeast? boston area. on a side note i had a 94 formula lt1 many years ago.

#2 ·
Welcome to the zone.
Put some pics in your albums when you can.

#3 ·
Welcome to The Zone !!!

Trick Flows LS1 515hp Top end kit would net you around 430rwhp.
Requires an LS6 intake and a tune.

As to the how much power can a stock LS1 handle, I am sure that is still under high debate. Too many variables to really give a definitive answer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.