Camaro Zone Forums banner

98 Camaro Rims

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  RoadWarrior 
#1 ·
I just bought the stock rims that come on the 93-97's. I am going to put them on my 98 but wanted some advice. I have thought about plasti-dipping them black, but I'm not sure whether I want to or not. If I do decide to make them black, how would you do it? Paint them, plastidip them? Please help! Thanks.

#3 ·
You bought salad shooters to replace the newer model wheels?
May I ask why?

I do agree, if you must get them blacked....powercoat. Plasti-Dip isn't going to be permanent, but will last a while.

#4 · (Edited)
Plasti dip is meant for grip making and even then is only really good if mixed with a grit and added in multiple coats. It is NOT meant to be a finish.

I am new to this world, but perhaps it may be worth mentioning bed liner? I've had some unexpectedly good experiences with the aerosol spray applications. Not sure if it'll work for a wheel though.

I CAN tell you from my experience in gun finishing that baked on finishes are ALLOT stronger then finishes that are just sprayed on.

#5 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

My plasti dipped stock rims. Sprayed them in June of this year, and although they are due for a touch up, they lasted for a while. I agree 100% on powder coating though. Especially if they are not on your car or have rubber on yet. I only dipped for a temp solution until I can afford big boy rims!

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.