Camaro Zone Forums banner

Back bumper

1K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  vlad1995 
#1 ·
Just a quick question, can I put a 95 back bumper on a 99 formula. Also is the 95 ws6 bumper the same as the trans am back bumpet on the ls1 cars?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Camaro Zone mobile app

#2 · (Edited)
Trans Am rear bumpers are the same 93-02.
Firebird/Formula rear bumpers are the same 93-02.

You can bolt a Trans Am rear bumper on a Firebird/Formula and bolt a Firebird/Formula rear bumper on a Trans Am, but in both cases, the bottom won't line up with the body because Trans Ams have sideskirts and Firebird/Formulas just have rocker panels. It bolts up correctly, but it doesn't look clean when you mix rear bumper types without the correct sideskirt panel, IMO.

Hope this helps.

#3 ·
Okay this helped a lot thank you. Im actually looking for the whole body kit basically. Including the side skirt. I already got the front bumper and there is a back bumper in the area. Side skirts seem like the hardest piece to find.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Camaro Zone mobile app

#13 ·
3M body molding tape works well. I mostly use it to attach HID ballasts to engine bay sheet metal. Just make sure to clean both surfaces well using something like Simple Green and dry it completely before trying to apply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.