Camaro Zone Forums banner

LED Bulbs

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  thermopylae_480 
#1 ·
I am considering switching out the normal incandescent bulbs on the exterior of my car with LED bulbs from somewhere like Super Bright LEDs - LED Products and Accessories. Has anyone done this and knows how it ends up looking? They're a little more expensive than normal bulbs, so I don't want to spend the money and having it ending up looking like crap.

-Thanks

#2 ·
I believe it was Whitdog54 that changed his rear lights out to LEDs.
ZexGX is considering using LEDs on the exterior as well, he should chime in shortly.
URLOZIN has a LED third brake light from Ebay.
A few of us have used LEDs in the interior.
I'm still unsure whether I want to use LEDs on the exterior yet.

#3 ·
What parts of your exterior? You can use what are called Switchbacks for your daytime running lights in the front, regular 194 LEDs in your side markers (you should get clearcorners for this), you can put LEDs or HIDs into your fog lights and headlights, and if you own a Camaro, LED taillights have been custom made before.

#4 ·
I was just thinking about swapping out the incandescent bulbs for things like the brake/parking/signal lights with LED bulbs. I don't really want to replace the whole rear tail light assembly with an LED array. My Firebird didn't come with stock fog lights, so I don't need to consider bulbs for those until I put assemblies in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.