Camaro Zone Forums banner

LED Gauges Update

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  94rubberlayer 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
LED Gauges Update 1999 Firebird V6

Hey Guys

So the next step on my car is the dashlights. I was gonna do something nice to fit it up the Knight Rider 2000 movie look. Red LED update in the gauges and radio etc arround that would like to get blue LEDs ....anyone did this before ? 2 Colors sounds crazy but I would like to stick to the movie as close as possible, and its my personal ride :)

Lawrence

#2 ·
Im not too sure what look you are trying to ultimately end up with, but you have a few choices... I honestly dont know what the knight rider dash looks like, so I can't help you on that one..

but this is what I have, its an ebay gauge overlay, which has blue and red, and I have white LEDs inside the cluster which illuminates the needle bases really nicely... I have white overlays for the HVAC, Headlight switch, and shifter selector as well. With Blue LEDs behind all of those. And I have a blue LED inside my foglight switch with a red LED indicator.

So any look you want to achieve is pretty easy to do. heres some pics of mine.
Gauges Daytime:

Gauges at night:

Ebay vs SuperbrightLED bulb. I think you can tell which is which

Foglight

#5 ·
If you want to spend some big bucks, than 6le/mcnord can make customized gauges anyway you like... 100% custom. can have thumbs up for turn signals, sad faces for check engine lights, pretty any logo or color.. but they are 275+... otherwise i would just stick with the stock black background and put blue LEDs in or something

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.