Question for wheel fitting someone help - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > Camaro & Firebird Tech Forums > Appearance and Car Care

Join Camaro Zone Today

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 06-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Garage
Question for wheel fitting someone help

Ok so I got a guy on the phone texting me about the wheels I'm selling they are 18" chrome I-roc wheels with fresh tread he wants the wheels but is unsure about fitting, he has a 1994 Camaro he wants to put them on and he's unsure if they will rub the inner fender wells in turns I don't think they will but has anyone had 18" wheels on there fourth gen Camaro on here?????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2761395687.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	18488   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2751109424.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	18489  

Last edited by iroc-z 88; 06-17-2013 at 04:54 PM.
iroc-z 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
Addicted Member

Garage
Offset is wrong. They will rub without the use of spacers. They will look weird with spacers, and be too far out of the wheel well.
Here's a link to my thread. I had a 1995 Camaro and asked the same thing, if Iroc wheels would fit on it.
Iroc Wheels

Last edited by HotRodd; 06-17-2013 at 05:03 PM.
HotRodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #3

Fitting 20"s??

Hey guys this is the perfect forum to get my question out there. So I recently purchased an 01' SS and previously owned a 94' Jimmy SUV. I had 20" BOSS Motorsport rims with low pro tires on er and kept them when i sold the Jimmy in hopes to spice up my next Chevy vehicle (the camaro in this case). I tried to put the dubs on the SS and they baaaaarrrrrrely don't fit. They are the correct lug pattern and back tires fit fine! As far as the front, they "look" great and fit onto the car as well, except for the one, minor problem, when I turn the wheels about half to 3 quarters of the way right or left, the front of the tread of the tires rubs, pretty hard too on the rubber flap in the wheel well and rubs the bottom right(or left) fender corner of the well, the fiber glass. What can I do to keep the rims (as that NO STORE in the Midwest wants them) and not have to do any body work i.e. lifting or cutting? Anybody! Any suggestions! Please!! Thanks.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
Addicted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhatkrazy View Post
Hey guys this is the perfect forum to get my question out there. So I recently purchased an 01' SS and previously owned a 94' Jimmy SUV. I had 20" BOSS Motorsport rims with low pro tires on er and kept them when i sold the Jimmy in hopes to spice up my next Chevy vehicle (the camaro in this case). I tried to put the dubs on the SS and they baaaaarrrrrrely don't fit. They are the correct lug pattern and back tires fit fine! As far as the front, they "look" great and fit onto the car as well, except for the one, minor problem, when I turn the wheels about half to 3 quarters of the way right or left, the front of the tread of the tires rubs, pretty hard too on the rubber flap in the wheel well and rubs the bottom right(or left) fender corner of the well, the fiber glass. What can I do to keep the rims (as that NO STORE in the Midwest wants them) and not have to do any body work i.e. lifting or cutting? Anybody! Any suggestions! Please!! Thanks.
You must be "SomeWhatKrazy" to put 20's on a Camaro lol. Just kidding, if that's what you like, go for it. You could try to ziptie the plastic back just a little bit to allow more space in the wheel well. Other than that, you may have to get rid of the plastic piece altogether. Or do some sort of body lift. I honestly don't like the idea of lifting a Camaro or putting wheels of that size on it, but that might be what you're looking at doing to pull this one off.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #5

Hey man thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I could suffice with 18"s its just a pain to try and sell these 20"s or find a place that would do a discounted trade in on em towards ones that will actually fit the Maro (18"s). I am curious about your zip tie idea though. It sounds cheap and easy and most importantly, wouldnt damage my precious. The fiber glass and rubber innards of the well DO flex when I press on them just like when the tire rubs on it while turning to a certain extent. I agree though man. If I didn't already have these damn hunks of chrome already, I would've just looked into buying 18"s for er. It's an 01' so its racing days may be coming to an end but its "for show" days are just beginning with me!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
Addicted Member

Garage
Quote:
Hey man thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I could suffice with 18"s its just a pain to try and sell these 20"s or find a place that would do a discounted trade in on em towards ones that will actually fit the Maro (18"s). I am curious about your zip tie idea though. It sounds cheap and easy and most importantly, wouldnt damage my precious. The fiber glass and rubber innards of the well DO flex when I press on them just like when the tire rubs on it while turning to a certain extent. I agree though man. If I didn't already have these damn hunks of chrome already, I would've just looked into buying 18"s for er. It's an 01' so its racing days may be coming to an end but its "for show" days are just beginning with me!
Alright cool, I understand already having aftermarket wheels and wanting to get use out of them. I bet they looked good on the Jimmy. Try selling the wheels on craigslist. You could probably get a good amount of cash for them if you find the right buyer and if they're in good shape. How many miles on the SS? Just because it's a 12 year old car doesn't necessarily mean you can't run it at the track or even rebuild or build another motor for it. But it all depends on what you want to do with it. It would make a great show piece.

Last edited by HotRodd; 06-17-2013 at 05:58 PM.
HotRodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #7

The SS has a little under 99 on it. Which isn't too bad for an 01' really. Soon as I get to a PC ill throw some pics of the jimmy on an album so u can check er out if you'd like. Loved that thing! and it did look good with the rims on there. Definitely regretting not selling the wheels WITH the truck now... I had a ton of random offers on it too off the streets while I drove it. Oh well. Learn from our mistakes I guess. So yeah guess ill try the zip tie thing if u can give me any instructional detail. Otherwise yeah, that's just about what everyone keeps saying, put em on Craig's List... so that looks like what I'm goin to have to do unfortunately.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #8
Addicted Member

Garage
Quote:
The SS has a little under 99 on it. Which isn't too bad for an 01' really. Soon as I get to a PC ill throw some pics of the jimmy on an album so u can check er out if you'd like. Loved that thing! and it did look good with the rims on there. Definitely regretting not selling the wheels WITH the truck now... I had a ton of random offers on it too off the streets while I drove it. Oh well. Learn from our mistakes I guess. So yeah guess ill try the zip tie thing if u can give me any instructional detail. Otherwise yeah, that's just about what everyone keeps saying, put em on Craig's List... so that looks like what I'm goin to have to do unfortunately.
You'll see where you can or can't ziptie. There are usually little holes if I remember right, in the plastic panels. And you can always find something behind it to loop it around. Very easy, you'll figure it out no problem.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
Addicted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRoddCamaro

You'll see where you can or can't ziptie. There are usually little holes if I remember right, in the plastic panels. And you can always find something behind it to loop it around. Very easy, you'll figure it out no problem.
When i read this entry before entering the thread, I was like WTF who's trying to ziptie a wheel on!?!? Lmfao

Put the 20's on craigslist for a good price and wait on them.

1999 Firebird Build Thread
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #10

Thanks HotRodd and Meatwad. I appreciate the tips guys. Anything helps. This forum rocks. I'll try the zip ties and post how it went on here. Thanks again gentlemen. Have a good evening!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #11

Garage
.......aaaaaanyways back to what i was saying the guy is going to put one on his car when he comes to look at them tomorrow so ill let you all know how it goes
Old 06-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #12
Addicted Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc-z 88 View Post
.......aaaaaanyways back to what i was saying the guy is going to put one on his car when he comes to look at them tomorrow so ill let you all know how it goes
better put one on the front and back...

Trust me though its not gonna fit right. I tried using an extra iroc wheel i had for my camaro as a spare when i had a flat and it didnt fit right.
Kawasaki Ninja500
150cc Scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarojuana View Post
oh! And some tacky mother****er with a green 05 or 06 V6 Stang on some 22's" on the corner of my block. **** that dude.
Michaelrulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:45 AM   #13

Garage
These seem to fit quite well
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1258693902.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	18502   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2334975451.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	18503  
Old 06-18-2013, 04:45 AM   #14
CZ Supporter

Garage
They look ****ing terrible on a fourth gen. Christ.

Weekend Cruiser
:
2004 Pontiac GTO- 5.7 LS1, True Duals, SLP Loudmouth, Yank 3600 stall, built tranny, tuned, lowered, 20% tint, American Racing Villain rims, beautiful red interior.
Zach+'maro=:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I wouldn't do it, but I don't think the IROCs look that bad on the fourth gens. But I really like the IROCs, I was going to put some on my van. Lol.

And the IROCs are a similar style shape and spoke angle as a C6 wheel. That's why I think 3rd Gens pull off rocking C6 wheels so well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-689823466.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	18505  

Last edited by Camarojuana; 06-18-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Camarojuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #16
Addicted Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc-z 88 View Post
These seem to fit quite well
You got lucky because the tire is skinny. If they ever get anything thicker it wont work
Kawasaki Ninja500
150cc Scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarojuana View Post
oh! And some tacky mother****er with a green 05 or 06 V6 Stang on some 22's" on the corner of my block. **** that dude.
Michaelrulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #17

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach+'maro=:) View Post
They look ****ing terrible on a fourth gen. Christ.
Hey as long as the guy that is paying me for them likes the look that's all that matters right lol he's coming to look at them at 4:00 today
Old 06-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #18
Addicted Member

Garage
Awesome! Good luck with the sale!
Old 06-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #19

Garage
Thanks and thanks for the advice we'll see how it goes I guess
Old 06-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #20

Garage