Camaro Zone Forums banner

Tires and rims

8K views 112 replies 17 participants last post by  Meatwad 
#1 ·
So my tires are getting closer and closer to the end of their life. I figured id get a new set of rims as well. I want an 18 or a 19 inch wheel, and preferably run a staggered set up. I was thinking 315 in the back and like 275 in the front. I would also like to lower the car like an inch or so. Any suggestions if this is even doable? If not what sizes would you suggest? The car is a 99 formula. Thank you.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Camaro Zone mobile app

#16 ·
With the eagle f1's show in the picture they hooked okay, but I could still put the car sideways at 35mph.
When i go to the track I use nitto t555rs 275/40/17 mounted on a smaller rim and I hook just fine.
I also make more power than a stock car would so take that with a grain of salt

#17 ·
Well how much power are we talking about? Im putting out about 340-350hp and about the same torque. What if I go 18 inch rims in the front and 19 in the back that way I could put 275 in the front and 315 in the back. Cause it seems quite hard to find a 18 inch rim thats wide enough to hold a 315 or even a 295. And as for tires if I go with 295/275 set up then I'm probably gonna get the nitto invo tires. But if I go with the 275/315 set up the probably getting the bfgoodrich g force rival. Are those tires any good?

#22 ·
Personally....I would never go anything bigger than 18" wheels on a 4th gen.
I had a set of 17's and a set of 15's for my WS.6.

I wanted traction.

#26 ·
I would think fitting a 19x12 would be a royal pain in the ass. I can see them sticking out from the body quite a bit....

This was my WS.6 on 17's....

This post has been deleted
#38 ·
What tires (brand) and sizes are we talking about here? My info was based off of recommendations by Nitto, not a post. Since Most members on here like Nitto brand.
Edit: Guess I should have looked it up. I was going by memory.. Oops!!
If the Nittos: then you should be ok
http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/Street/nt555#size
I think it was just general guideline. But I want to get nitto invos. So I was thinking about going 275 in the front and 295 in the back. Although id like 315 in the back but invos dint exist in such size, sadly.

#61 ·
19's simply look too big on the F-Body in my opinion. 18's aren't really even my thing, but can be done correctly.

Gunmetal would look 1000x times better than black.
Polished would look 1000x times better than gunmetal.

Your car though. And I absolutely HATE black wheels.

#71 ·
You do NOT want chromed aluminum...polished is the way to go...

I have a boatload of motorcycle parts (chromed aluminum) that I can show you as to why you don't want to go that route...it is a little harder to maintain, but it can be brought back to life if needed...

#75 ·
Its a 99 formula, the front is 18x9.5 -and the back is 19x10. The guy was saying that the front the most I should get is 245 cause anything bigger will rub and destroy the inside of the wheel well

#81 ·
He is saying that a 275/35/18 is the same diameter as a 275/40/17.

Sent from my Z796C using Camaro Zone mobile app

#90 · (Edited by Moderator)
A lot of members here like the Nitto's (example: Nitto NT555EXT)
I have Riken Raptors (275/40ZR/17). These perform well for the price. Also have excellent wear. I've had my current ones on my SS for 4 years now. That's at least 40,000 miles with half tread life left.
Also, keep in mind that not all tire makers make all size tires. you might find 1 size from 1 maker that another maker don't make. This can also fall in with same make but different model tires.
You need to make a decision on for sure what SIZE you want first, then go from there. Then start your search for Manufacturer and Model tire.

#94 ·
Discount tire direct is the best to get tires from check them out

1996 Firebird- 3.8l w/ H/C/I/N20
2000 Camaro Z28- LS1 w/ bolt ons.... Stall/Cam coming soon

#98 ·
okay guys so ive f***** up very badly. So the wheels i got are wrong, the front seem fine but the back ones are a mess, the offset on them are wrong so they wont fit not even with biggest spacers. and then ive also ordered the wrong tires size wise. but i hope tire rack will help me out with that. so im thinking ill keep the front wheels and order the back ones from OEWHEELS. They have 19x10 under pontiac. will they have the right offset and will they fit my 305/30/19 tires?

#104 ·
Putting C6 Corvette Wheels on Your 4th Generation Camaro/Firebird â€" ThreeFiveZero so this guy is saying that for the back ill need an 1.25 inch spacer. so maybe the wheels i have are fine. and all I need is a spacer. but the guy at the local tire shop said a spacer wont be.good cause the wheel will stick out too far.
This is a quote from the link you just posted........... "When I initially put the C6 wheels on this car, and wrote this article, the car was stock height. Since then, I have lowered the car 1.5" and added the 1.25" adapters to the front wheels as mentioned above. The front wheels never rub at all. The rear wheels rubbed badly after lowering the car, and I finally had to roll my rear fender wells. My advice is that you should expect to roll your rear fender wells if you plan to run the 19×10" C6 rear wheels under a lowered Camaro/Firebird. It is more than nuisance rubbing… it was cutting through my sidewalls. The 3 pictures here are with the car lowered 1.5″ and the front wheels using the optional 1.25″ adapters."

This should answer your question if they will work or not.. If your car is not lowered, then the wheels with spacers "should" work.... If your car is lowered, then you will need to roll the rear fenders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.