Camaro Zone Forums banner

Gears

813 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  NavyVet 
#1 ·
I am installing 4.10 gears in my camaro and was wanting to get someone's opinion on how I should launch the car. I know preferably everyone launches from 1st not second it's a lot faster but my second gear has a bad synchro so I'm not sure if I should launch from 2nd or launch from 1st and try to double clutch into 2nd any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

#2 ·
I am installing 4.10 gears in my camaro and was wanting to get someone's opinion on how I should launch the car. I know preferably everyone launches from 1st not second it's a lot faster but my second gear has a bad synchro so I'm not sure if I should launch from 2nd or launch from 1st and try to double clutch into 2nd any other suggestions?

If you are having issues with the clutch/transmission, you shouldn't be launching it at all.
When the trans is good tho, start in first.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Camaro Zone

#4 ·
All it is is a bad synchro in 2nd I can double clutch and it works fine only thing wrong with it

I see a new transmission in the not too distant future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.