Camaro Zone Forums banner

Lost another friend on Easter....

1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Rocket 442 
#1 ·
.....to cancer she had been fighting for almost 2 years.
45 year old Marlboro smoker. Started in her lungs

This makes person number 5
My sister ( breast )
The best man at our wedding ( colon )
The Wife of one of my best Navy buds ( bone cancer started in her femur )
My other best Navy bud, direct boss in the Blues ( cancer everywhere, died 5 months after diagnosis )

Take care of yourselves gang.

#2 ·
Sorry to hear that. I hate cancer. My moms had cancer for about 3yrs now. It's reoccurred for the 3rd time about two weeks ago as a tumor in her hip. She just started radiation today.... Hopefully it takes care of it but it's not likely. Things never look good with cancer but u can't be negative. She keeps out living the estimated times so I have hope.

#3 ·
Sorry to hear that. I hate cancer. My moms had cancer for about 3yrs now. It's reoccurred for the 3rd time about two weeks ago as a tumor in her hip. She just started radiation today.... Hopefully it takes care of it but it's not likely. Things never look good with cancer but u can't be negative. She keeps out living the estimated times so I have hope.
I know where you are, my wife has survived it twice so far.
Your mom is in my prayers.

#5 ·
I hear ya loud n clear; lost my mother to it, liver, and my sister just last summer - ovarian. Get a physical every year, get some regular exercise, eat better, and a + attitude is always beneficial. Studies show negative people reduce their life span as a result - good health to all.

#8 ·
Too many people. Billiard place gets pretty bad sometimes.
Damn E cigs are even worse to be around imho.

#10 ·
The ones I've been exposed to do.

#14 ·
You just say F it I quit.
That's what I did.

#15 ·
I've never smoked "cig's" in my life ,but my wife has tried a number of times to quit and ends up giving in . It's so insidiously addictive ,and we lost her mom to cancer, it was a terrible time .
One of our Uni,s is developing a way to put the normal cells to sleep while the chemo does it's job so patients don't feel like crap during a round of chemo and then the normal cells wake up after and go about their business .
Navy,s right stay healthy gang !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.