Camaro Zone Forums banner

Need help choosing between 2 Camaros

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  iroc87 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site but not new to the F body. Over the years I owned a 74 Camaro,76 TA,78 Firebird, and a 95 Formula. It's time for me to get back into one but I need some guidance and help this time. I'm trying to decide between a 91 with a 305 TPI or a 97 with a 3.8. Both about the same price.

The 91's biggest drawback is an engine noise that I believe is a lifter. The owner said that it began making noise right after they had the intake resealed. The car has 166,000 miles,good oil pressure but burns a bit of oil and puffs white smoke out the exhaust sometimes, so I'm wondering if there is more going on than I can tell.

The 97 has a much better body and has 89,000 miles on the 3.8. Runs great. The drawback with it is it has a rebuild title and converter efficiency codes in the computer.. Since we have emissions testing, it would be an issue,
If the 97 didn't have a rebuild title, it would be a simple decision. Any advice would be appreciated!

#4 ·
97. Regardless of the title the engine is a lot fresher.

#13 ·
Keep looking, rebuild title means wrecked car doesn't it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.