Camaro Zone Forums banner

New wheels

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  SuiCidE0024 
#1 ·
Looking for a matching set of 4 wheels. I need 18x8.5 with a 5x4.75 lug pattern and a 35-45mm offset. Unfortunately the only set I could find is for mustangs which I'm definitely not putting on a Camaro and to have some made is around $750 a rim. Any websites to check out or info would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Camaro Zone mobile app

#2 ·
OEWheels, Tire Rack, Discount Tire, Locally? (I am sure your tire stores, or custom shops in/around your city, they should also sell wheels), eBay, Hawks Third Gen..... This is just a few off the top of my head.
18x8.5 for an f-Body will be few and far between. 18x9 or 18x9.5 is the norm. Which, IMO, look better anyway. An 8" wide wheel is too narrow. IMO

Posted from iPhone 5s using Camaro Zone Mobile App

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
As long as you do not go overboard with lowering the car, With the correct back-spacing/offset it will not rub. When you go to an 18" wheel, the proper size will be 275/35/18..... The tire will be the same height/diameter as a 275/40/17. The only thing that changes is the wheel diameter. 9-9.5 wide will be fine. My car came with 275/40ZR/17 tires on 17x9" wheels (which I am still running). There is zero issues with that combo.

Posted from iPhone 5s using Camaro Zone Mobile App

#6 ·
I had 10.5" 18s on my camaro and they never rubbed. The tire was hardly big enough for the wheel, it was a 265. It should've been a 275 or 305. The 275s would've definitely fit without a problem. I can't remember the wheel offset though.

Sent from my Z796C using Camaro Zone mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.