Camaro Zone Forums banner

What did you do to your car today?

628K views 13K replies 546 participants last post by  NavyVet 
#1 ·
I've seen threads like this on other forums, and I felt it was time we had one as well. The purpose of this thread is to give us all a place where we can post what we've done with our cars when we'd normally create a new thread for it. It's kind of like a place to say, "Oh, this is what I did, go me!" and where others can comment on the work you've done.

Please do try to keep your tech questions in the appropriate areas, however.

I'll start, Monday I rotated my tires, cleaned the back side of the wheels and wheel wells, then repainted the calipers, they needed freshening up...lol.

Today, my boys helped me change the oil/filter, tranny fluid/filter and the differentially gear oil and gasket.

I figured while I was off work, I should get some of this maintenance stuff out of the way.. :icon15:

#6 ·
Oh great, I just posted this in the "Have something good happen" thread and now I see this. Oh well :lol:
My dad and I installed a new exhaust on the S10 beater. It had a stock intermediate pipe, then a really small muffler, then right off of that less than half a foot of pipe, and split ricer tips. This system ended right behind the cab, and did I mention the pipe was loosely sitting in the cat? So it was pretty much open cat... it sounded like a total ricer and was LOUD AS FUCK.

Now we've replaced it with just the stock, full-length exhaust setup, but it sounds so much better. It actually sounds quite badass, not as awesome as my Bird with the 305 and flowmasters, but still, much better than that ricey shit. So I'm happy :icon_smile:
As for the Firebird, I moved it to the other garage to make room for working on the S10.

#10 ·
I've seen threads like this on other forums, and I felt it was time we had one as well. The purpose of this thread is to give us all a place where we can post what we've done with our cars when we'd normally create a new thread for it. It's kind of like a place to say, "Oh, this is what I did, go me!" and where others can comment on the work you've done.

Please do try to keep your tech questions in the appropriate areas, however.

I'll start, Monday I rotated my tires, cleaned the back side of the wheels and wheel wells, then repainted the calipers, they needed freshening up...lol.

Today, my boys helped me change the oil/filter, tranny fluid/filter and the differentially gear oil and gasket.

I figured while I was off work, I should get some of this maintenance stuff out of the way.. :icon15:
It was a rainy tuesday at work so aside from work'n on other ppls rides all day,alls i did with my car was grab lunch,,zip down to my nice secluded cul-de-sac,,and watch som TrailerParkBoys.....however,,usually every saturday,she'll get her usual detail&wax& was think'n bout paint'n my new brake calipers.

#13 ·
Imagined putting my snow tires on. Listened to all my rattles and creeks.....my car hates winter.

#14 ·
installed a new street fire dizzy/8mm plug wires/ tuned accelerator pump to correct tolerances on my holley 1850 600CFM carb/ inspected blower motor for heater... its shot/ tuned idle mixture screws a little. reinstalled vac line to tuned port vac instead of full manifold vac. set timing to 8 degrees BDC/ all on the 79 camaro

the bird. i moved into the barn right behind the camaro cause it snowed. backed it out today so it could melt off for new years tomorrow when i take it to town.

#17 ·
Drove it to the library. Ordered a PAC SWI-PS for my stereo to work with my steering controls. Also ordered some vinyl overlays (FINALLY) from Brent Franker, I'm going to purchase a new dash soon, possibly a TA hatch, some new rims, and possibly a new shifter plate.

#1,746 ·
Sanded one wheel to fit the rear hubs of my car. Decided I needed something rougher because it took forever. So I'm putting that on hold for now!
use a file made for aluminum takes like 10 seconds.

sanded, sanded, then sanded a little more. still sanding

#25 ·
Upgraded from silver duct tape to white today ha ha. My first duct tape job had the hood taped shut so in order to get under the hood, I had to cut the tape and retape it when I was done. Today, I got a little more creative and created a seal with the tape to keep water out, and it allows me to open and shut the hood whenever I need to (seen in bottom pic). Also, it just looks better. I also recreated the body gaps/lines with a flat black paint marker and sanded the front to get the Honda Accord's black paint off of it. :lol:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.