Camaro Zone Forums banner

Toyota engine in camaro

3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  samuel leibowitz 
#1 ·
Can someone please advice what replacement Toyota engine can I put in my 'lemon' 3.6L 2010 Camaro .. Preferably keep the same transmission too. Tnx

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

#4 ·
Lol you're not gonna find any.

The car is not a lemon, your car was not repaired correctly.

You won't get any advice on a Toyota engine swap because you would probably be the first and last person to do such a swap. It wouldn't fix your problem anyway, and since you would essentially have to rewire and reprogram the entire car, you would be right back to where you are now.

#7 ·
I am thinking of buying a BCM an ECU and new Starter from eBay. That should solve this problem

Does your key have a chip in it?

If so Google BCM relearn procedure for your year car.

If not, contact a dealer

Is it an On Star car? if so contact GM.

#6 ·
I'm not sure if that would work or not, the PCM and BCM would have to be from the same car, the starter isn't the issue if you already replaced it. Also the key is coded to the BCM so you would have to have a matching key set, BCM, and PCM.

#11 ·
Wait, i thought you didnt have any dealers around you.

Sent from my LGL41C using Camaro Zone mobile app

#13 ·
#15 ·
If you ever call Lusaka and Kitwe a dealer again in your life I will join Isis . Please do not recommend those fools to anyone ever on your life. They are cone artists ; they surely damaged my engine and I had to overhaul it myself somewhere else. They didn't put oil in my engine.

#16 ·
If you ever call Lusaka and Kitwe a dealer again in your life I will join Isis . Please do not recommend those fools to anyone ever on your life. They are cone artists ; they surely damaged my engine and I had to overhaul it myself somewhere else. They didn't put oil in my engine.

If there was no oil in the engine and you started it, you would have zero oil pressure and the Check Gages light would have been on.

Kind of hard to miss.

#20 ·
You are the dumb ass! I need you to give me a solution not a resolution of how dumb and stupid u are

You've already been given the proper solution.
Keep attacking people here and the next solution will be a ban.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.