Camaro Zone Forums banner

Swap 94 posi into 00 s10

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  FoaRyan 
#1 ·
I bought an s10 to eventually do a z28 swap with my 94 camaro. I dont have the resources to do the entire engine swap right now, but i was wondering what the procedure would be to swap the posi into the s10? I currently have 2000 s10 with an open dif behind a 2.2 5 speed. Is it possible within a reasonable price range? Will it negatively effect my gearing and gas mileage?

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

#3 ·
I bought an s10 to eventually do a z28 swap with my 94 camaro. I dont have the resources to do the entire engine swap right now, but i was wondering what the procedure would be to swap the posi into the s10? I currently have 2000 s10 with an open dif behind a 2.2 5 speed. Is it possible within a reasonable price range? Will it negatively effect my gearing and gas mileage?

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone
This sounds like a question for an s10 forum site

#4 ·
First question, is the s10 a 10 bolt? I think it is. It not sure.

You will have to find out what series the carrier is in your camaro and in the s10 they will be either a series 2 or series3

With a 2.2 who cares about mileage? It's not really going to affect it.

If the carries are the same it will take a few hours to swap it, also you need to have the tools and knowledge to setup a rear ended properly.

#6 ·
If you have a 7.5" 10 bolt in your s10 it should be a direct swap. .

You need to measure the torque on the current pinion nut if you plan on using the same crush sleeve, otherwise you will need another.

You will need to swap everything, shims, carrier, pinion(possibly new seal depending on the size of the pinion, I personally ran into this more than once), flange for drive shaft and all. And all the shims must remain in the same orientation and position.

You should have the proper gauge tools for checking the pinion depth and backlash. If you can manage to get the pinion in and at the same depth, then putting in the carrier and gears will be no big deal. With gears though, have to check them at several different spots.

Good luck mate.

#7 ·
cferrel4 sounds about right. And this is a good question for one of the S10 forums. I'm a member on the s10forum forum and we get questions like this all the time. You may search there (can do that without logging in, or use Google to search the site), there's probably more than one thread about someone doing just that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.