Camaro Zone Forums banner

Tempurpedic seats?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Mr. Wheeler 
#1 ·
As I've mentioned before, I am not just redoing the outside of my car. I am redoing the inside as well. This of course includes making replacement seats. My plan is and has always been to go get some Camaro seats from Pick-N-Pull, strip them down to the framework and rebuild them virtually from scratch before swapping them out. I already have the suede and sewing materials and some of the interior stuff. But today a friend gave me a huge slab of Tempurpedic memory foam. There's enough of this stuff to reupholster my Camaro and 3 or 4 more.

The question is, should I? Assuming I use other/typical upholstery materials with it, would this be a good idea? Your thoughts?

#2 ·
Memory foam seats

That sounds like a good idea. The one thing I would worry about is after time the foam gets a divot from the weight of your body. I have a mattress that is memory foam and I have to rotate it about once a year. My wife complains since she says my big ass leaves a low spot and it feels uncomfortable for a while. It does eventually go back, but in a car application I would use only a thin layer over top of the original foam. You will probably have to trim the top layer first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.